• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unsolicited Suggestion from an Unwelcome Out of Stater

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Ladies and Gentlemen of Wisconsin,

Please organize an openly carried, holstered pistol walk in Madison for the same street on which the news crew was filming. Get people together while it is still summertime and nice out. Invite the press. Dress business casual or better. Smile. Be overly nice to the antis, press, and general public. Image matters when attempting to sawy public opinion.

I am guessing that Madison PD and the local prosecuting attorney will change their tune quickly rather than haul 150 people in for disorderly conduct. If not, then you have several people among whom to split the minimal costs of a lawsuit. A lawsuit is inexpensive to each individual when divided by 100 or more.

Could you raise 100 people or more to do this and who would present a favorable image to the public?

How about you?

AaronS

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:

Please organize an openly carried, holstered pistol walk in Madison for the same street on which the news crew was filming. Get people together while it is still summertime and nice out. Invite the press. Dress business casual or better. Smile. Be overly nice to the antis, press, and general public. Image matters when attempting to sawy public opinion.

I am guessing that Madison PD and the local prosecuting attorney will change their tune quickly rather than haul 150 people in for disorderly conduct. If not, then you have several people among whom to split the minimal costs of a lawsuit. A lawsuit is inexpensive to each individual when divided by 100 or more.

Could you raise 100 people or more to do this and who would present a favorable image to the public?

How about you?
Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me. No people from Madison seem to feel very strong about this. I understand the fear some might have, but this is the fight this forum was made for. We need to make a stand, and it looks like Madison is the place it must be done in.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me. No people from Madison seem to feel very strong about this. I understand the fear some might have, but this is the fight this forum was made for. We need to make a stand, and it looks like Madison is the place it must be done in.
Fuk it, I'll go. PM sent...

protias

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
When are you going?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
AaronS wrote:
Malum Prohibitum wrote:

How about you?
When are you going?
If Madison's own gun owning residents( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy. Why should I drive 2.5hours one way& risk being arrested & finedfor those that live there &don't have the nads enough to stand up for there rights locally. Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
We have 2 other threads going trying to organize a gathering there ASAP,

the pertinent threadscan be found here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29816.html

And here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/29813.html
Nutczak - Just a suggestion, pick a date, time, and starting location,and start a new thread and constantly update the original post with an alphabeticallist of people who say "I will be there." Ignore the cynical critics on the thread. :D

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy.... Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
I agree wholeheartedly.

CMON Wisconsinites! Get it together. We're all pulling for you!

Heck, if you'd just move your state closer to Ohio, I'd come!

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

BB62 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy.... Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.
I agree wholeheartedly.

CMON Wisconsinites! Get it together. We're all pulling for you!

Heck, if you'd just move your state closer to Ohio, I'd come!
I bet people will come from out of state with enough warning, but, anyway, you can get 20 or 30 people, maybe a hundred with just a few weeks wanring. You could probably get 20-30 just off of this web site alone.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I bet people will come from out of state with enough warning, but, anyway, you can get 20 or 30 people, maybe a hundred with just a few weeks wanring. You could probably get 20-30 just off of this web site alone.
Might be a good time for me to send some emails to people on the petition lists I've accumulated.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Other then Nutczak and ScottM,I can't find anyone else with the nads to go with me.
Got more than that just on this thread. :D Get a date, time, and location, and watch the names pile up!

AaronS

imported post

If Madison's own gun owning residents ( which number in the thousands )won't holster up & march for their own rights,then I am busy. Why should I drive 2.5hours one way& risk being arrested & finedfor those that live there &don't have the nads enough to stand up for there rights locally. Maybe Madison is truely dead to those that enjoy freedom & liberty.

I understand, and even agree to a point. I do feel that if this starts in Madison, it will end at your back door (in Green Bay). Once a big city like Madison gets away with this, others will follow. Fight it now, or live with the loss later...

It would look to me like the cops in Madison have reached the goal of instowing fear into any persons that would have OC'd in the city(as we have all seen that the users from Madison are not going to even talk about this). I am as scared as anyone, but I just can't let this go. We have come to far to just let one little PD stop us.

Thank God others are starting to chime in. I would hate to just have two or three show up.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Thank God others are starting to chime in. I would hate to just have two or three show up.

Set up the date and get the list of names first. You will have ten times that, minimum, probably substantially more. You may get a lot of Madison people, too. Invite the local Students for Concealed Carry on Campus . . .

But first things, first. Somebody has to pick a date and time and start publicizing it, even if you start right here. Somebody.

If not you, then who?

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Ok, has a date been selected yet? Has anybody taken on the task of selecting a date? I looked through the threads, but did not see a "Join me on such and such a date in Madison" title.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to join you one of these weekends, but all of my weekend are tied up thru Sept 12th, if this event is scheduled a weekend after that I will do the best to be there. I really think the plan is to do this prior to the middle of September though.

Like has been said, pick a date so people can start planning. We can also start posting up links on other forums too, we just need to have a date to start with.