• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakast - Saturday 8/15/09

curtiswr

imported post

Had a filling meal at the breakfast, almost too filling! Went to the gun show sometime afterwards, around 1:00. Saw kennys there with his new 1911.

I ended up leaving with a 1911 as well. Just your basic ol' Springfield GI model in stainless steel. :lol:

Dragonfly

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Several folks were off to the gun show after breakfast, carrying handsful of OC cards. I've got them to give away, but you have to come out to breakfast or dinnerto get them.

stay safe.

skidmark

If your planning to attend the VCDL meeting on the 20[suP]th[/suP] at North Park Library

8508 Franconia Road Henrico, would appreciate if you bring some.

kennys

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Had a filling meal at the breakfast, almost too filling! Went to the gun show sometime afterwards, around 1:00. Saw kennys there with his new 1911.

I ended up leaving with a 1911 as well. Just your basic ol' Springfield GI model in stainless steel. :lol:
I hope yours preformes like mine. I am impressed, and it is far from broke in.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Enjoyed the breakfast and conversation - did a walk through at the gun show, nothing I really wanted or needed (read resisted). Did look long and hard at hologram sight for AR - talked to a number of friends including Mike, the mgr. from Uno Chicago Grill.

Also got stopped and quized by show sponser as to why VCDL did not have a table this time - actually is the first show in my memory that did not have one - wanted to restock on GSL buttons myself.

Had an interesting exchange with a customer at McDonalds on Mechanicsvile Pike - gave him OCDO card and VCDL info.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Enjoyed the breakfast and conversation - did a walk through at the gun show, nothing I really wanted or needed (read resisted). Did look long and hard at hologram sight for AR - talked to a number of friends including Mike, the mgr. from Uno Chicago Grill.

Also got stopped and quized by show sponser as to why VCDL did not have a table this time - actually is the first show in my memory that did not have one - wanted to restock on GSL buttons myself.

Had an interesting exchange with a customer at McDonalds on Mechanicsvile Pike - gave him OCDO card and VCDL info.

Yata hey

It was a good Breakfast. Kenny got there right after I Whizzed in:p and we had a good turnout.

Went to the show and got some loading manuals that I had to replace because mine had grown legs...and Grapeshot helped me pick out a pair of Purdy new Rosewood grips for my 1911.

Only one table had bullet molds and he thought they were made out of gold and I had to look away every time I passed the Contender/Encore table.:X