• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PLEASE STOP!

PiJiNWiNg

imported post

Can everybody please stop associating "libs" with "antis"? I am quite honestly one of the most liberal people you could ever meet, EXCEPT for gun control laws.
And I'm not trying to turn this into a political conversation, I am just trying to make the distinction between a liberal and an "anti gun rights" person.

-SBJ

KBCraig

imported post

I no longer even use the terms "liberal", "conservative", "right", or "left". They're artificial ways of pigeonholing, without regard to accuracy.

rodbender

imported post

I would imagine the reason people have a hard time disassociating liberals and gun grabbers is because they are both wrong.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

PiJiNWiNg wrote:
Can everybody please stop associating "libs" with "antis"? I am quite honestly one of the most liberal people you could ever meet, EXCEPT for gun control laws.
And I'm not trying to turn this into a political conversation, I am just trying to make the distinction between a liberal and an "anti gun rights" person.

-SBJ
Libs are communists or communist synchophants. There... happy now?

Decoligny

imported post

Isn't there a rule that you can't whine about anything until you have 50 posts?

If not, there should be.

Too many of the single post people complaining turn out to be drive by trolls and never post again.

Not saying this is the case here, but it too often is.

chiefjason

imported post

Ask yourself whether your representatives represent your feeling about firearms. I think you may find your answer there. There seems to be a large disconnect between lib politicians and lib public, but if you help vote those people in you get lumped into their beliefs. BTW, I'm a right wing extremist now, thanks to my government, make you feel any better?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I am pleased that the Obamination has finally recognized the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy of which I have long been a soldier, since the Clinton whorehouse.

I have turned myself in at mailto:flag@whitehouse.gov

To: flag@whitehouse.gov
Subject: Dis-information from this failed administration
Date: 8/5/2009 07:51

I believe nothing from this term's Executive branch, Legislative branch and little of the Judicial branch. I am proud to be resistant to this government.

Doug Huffman
Galt's Gulch
Wisconsin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469mLTVcWlQ

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Maybe someone can help toclassify me into one of the neat little catchphrases or groups or tell me what political party I belong in

I believe the constitution should be tightly adhered to, I fully back the first 10 amendments and the others that follow and will defend our constitution to the death.
(I have always wanted to become an attorney that practices constitutional law)

I am pro-choice, (not to be confused with pro-abortion) We need less government, not more & more programs where the government supports the citizens.
Religion? I have some seriousissues with organized religion, I tend to have my own beliefs and will make my own decisions

People should make their own decisions and go forward in their ownway, Government assistance should be exactly that, "Assistance" not dependence on the government. (multigenerational familieswhere any single member hasnever worked a day in their lives pisses me off to no end) Damn-it, I am 85% disabled according to the doctors, but I have never asked for or received any assistance from anyone. I feelI am able to work, so I do work! and hard!

What political party would I best fit into?
I am not a conservative due to my views on abortion and religion, I am not a democrat because I feel the government is already too large and into far too many peoples lives.

Where do I fit??

r6-rider

imported post

"please stop" is the title of the post to beg people not to judge liberals... at a pro-gun forum? really dude?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Maybe someone can help toclassify me into one of the neat little catchphrases or groups or tell me what political party I belong in

I believe the constitution should be tightly adhered to, I fully back the first 10 amendments and the others that follow and will defend our constitution to the death.
(I have always wanted to become an attorney that practices constitutional law)

I am pro-choice, (not to be confused with pro-abortion) We need less government, not more & more programs where the government supports the citizens.
Religion? I have some seriousissues with organized religion, I tend to have my own beliefs and will make my own decisions

People should make their own decisions and go forward in their ownway, Government assistance should be exactly that, "Assistance" not dependence on the government. (multigenerational familieswhere any single member hasnever worked a day in their lives pisses me off to no end) Damn-it, I am 85% disabled according to the doctors, but I have never asked for or received any assistance from anyone. I feelI am able to work, so I do work! and hard!

What political party would I best fit into?
I am not a conservative due to my views on abortion and religion, I am not a democrat because I feel the government is already too large and into far too many peoples lives.

Where do I fit??

We're on the same page... same tune... 'cept for the disabled part. (Altho my left ear drum is pretty much shot 'n I have minor nerve damage in my left forearm (military connected). 'Never applied fior disability... 'cause it's just a 'thing'. However... I'm politically to the Right of Attila. I dunno... does everybody need a label? 'Constitutionalist' maybe?

Legba

imported post

Anyone who is accurately described by a point on some one-dimensional left-right political spectrum is insufferably boring. The world is more complicated than that.

-ljp

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

So I may be a good fit to be a constitutionalist or a liberatarian?

So should I define myself as a constitutionalist-libertarian?

To date, when I have beenasked which party I belong to, I say "I don't" I decideaccording tothe issues I can back. I'll see which candidate best fits my individual views.
Wisconsin is well known a "Ticket splitting" bunch because weare not required to vote theparty line. We often see pro-2A dem's, and anti-2A republicans running for office in this state.

I have voted in every presidentail election since I was legal to vote., and I have yet to vote for a candidate, just against the other candidate. It seems like it is always like making a choice between a steaming bowl of turd-soup, or a big turd sandwich. They are usually both turds, but one is not as nasty smelling as the other.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

First define a principle, that which will not be compromised, or a few. Then decide where that fits on your political map.

"Pro-choice" does not follow from the Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

If we are going to speak of mapping and culture then I must remind of The Mathematical Impossibility of Compromise by polymath Al Schwartz.

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/comprom.htm

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. Intelligence and education are apples and oranges, you can have as many or as few of either as you will. Ignorance can be cured but stupidity goes clean to the bone.

M

McX

imported post

How about we all agree to disagree, and we all say "were the ones that routinely check none of the above?"

sudden valley gunner

imported post

One post and run? If you would spend time on here you would find there are a few liberals on here. I am not one of them but I am not republican either. I have always considered my self a constitutionalists, and have no use for either party.

The reason many associate liberals with anti-gun is because that has been (not always the case) the party that has pushed through, gun control legislation. If you are a registered liberal then make your party stop.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
So I may be a good fit to be a constitutionalist or a liberatarian?

So should I define myself as a constitutionalist-libertarian?

To date, when I have beenasked which party I belong to, I say "I don't" I decideaccording tothe issues I can back. I'll see which candidate best fits my individual views.
Wisconsin is well known a "Ticket splitting" bunch because weare not required to vote theparty line. We often see pro-2A dem's, and anti-2A republicans running for office in this state.

I have voted in every presidentail election since I was legal to vote., and I have yet to vote for a candidate, just against the other candidate. It seems like it is always like making a choice between a steaming bowl of turd-soup, or a big turd sandwich. They are usually both turds, but one is not as nasty smelling as the other.
I don't know anyone that agrees with everything in a party's platform and I don't either. However, I agree with almost everything in the Libertarian platform so I describe myself as such to others.