• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anti gunners now targeting open carriers

TehGruu

imported post

Man those Nancy-boys need to take a bite out of a reality sandwich. Alas, free speech is free speech. I just go about my business and leave them be. But why can't these pukes that spew forth this feel good security blanket warm and fuzzy B.S. leave us the hell alone? If they want to be at the mercy of those that wish them harm, fine, they can be a statistic, but don't neuter the rest of the real men(and women) that live in the real world and are prepared to take care of themslves and theirs. /rantoff

-Gruu

wewd

imported post

I like how they blame the "gun lobby" for open carry, as if they had something to do with it. It has been legal in most jurisdictions since before the founding to openly carry a firearm. The NRA are certainly not advocates for open carry. If the NRA had it their way we would all have nice little government issued permits for all of our carrying purposes. In their version of America we would need permits from the Department of Waste Management before we could take a crap.

squisher

imported post

I would like to point out that apparently those "Freedom" (from what, original thought?) states alliances pages must know that they are out of touch with reality, as I have yet to see one that allows commenting (like most blogs, ya know?)

Seriously, gun proponents (or more appropriately Constitution proponents) are now "extremists"?

Gimme a break. Maybe we are, but I would call it "Liberty Extremist," and I can't see much wrong with that.

Daddyo

imported post

squisher wrote:
I would like to point out that apparently those "Freedom" (from what, original thought?) states alliances pages must know that they are out of touch with reality, as I have yet to see one that allows commenting (like most blogs, ya know?)

Seriously, gun proponents (or more appropriately Constitution proponents) are now "extremists"?

Gimme a break.  Maybe we are, but I would call it "Liberty Extremist," and I can't see much wrong with that.

Not defending them, but they could just be "out of touch with technology" like me. I have no idea how to allow comments on my blog.
http://www.mtoddbayliss.com

I'm surprised all these people who are so worried about "the presence of deadly guns" are so eager to get near the Prez. Ever heard of Secret Service Snipers Folks? When you are inside the security zone, there are more guns pointed in your direction than you could ever imagine.

Tomahawk

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."

Hey, we are not extremists. We believe in a moderate government, not an extreme one, that's all.

These anti groups are losing ground, and as they do so they send increasingly loony signals. They are slowly becoming marginalized, and their hatred of guns is becoming as stupid as the other nonsense conspiracy theories out there.

imported post

when someone uses a advertisement for a game console as proof for their argument you know they're a bunch of ******* morons

Tomahawk

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Have you all noticed that these groups are totally focused on "GUN" violance? What about all the rest of the violant crimes committed annually that do not involve guns?

Ask them that, and if you get an answer it will be, "I'd much rather be stabbed than shot." Seriously.

But your question is rhetorical of course. We all know that it's not guns that bother them, it's free individuals with guns they hate. Independent men do not fit into their worldview.

david.ross

imported post

If they say they'd rather get stabbed, they're really retarded.

Being stabbed with a blade, you're more likely to die. In regards to a bullet, the piece of lead stays in the body. Now with a knife, the person stabbing you will 1) leave it in or 2) pull it out. If the person, the attacker or victim(known to pull it out), pulls out the weapon, they'll bleed out and die fairly quickly. The body is like a car, loose pressure and you just start going downhill.

XD40coyote

imported post

The Screws Media must think all pistol rounds blow a hole through someone like what a .50 BMG rifle round can do. Or they only have deer hunters as reference like " my... ha ha... country hilljack cousin 4 times removed ( thank goodness!) hunts deer with a [7mm mag rifle] and the hole from the bullet is like 4 inches across! So a 9mm must be like that huh? I mean that's how it looks in the movies, right?"

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

My post gets back to the topic of people that fear guns and law abiding citizens that legally own them

ERIE – Today, Erie City Council voted unanimously to pass a law requiring gun owners to report lost or stolen firearms to the police
Under the ordinance, firearm owners will have 72 hours to report a lost or stolen gun to the police after they have discovered it missing.

Penalties include a maximum fine of $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail for repeated offenders. The law applies to handguns and other short-barreled guns - not to shotguns or hunting rifles.

Ok, lets say my home gets burglarized, and Someone steals my guns, Of course I am going to report the theft! So if someone breaks into my home again, this ordinance names me as a repeat offender?
How about going after the thief and burglar, not the victim!

WTF is wrong with these people? how can their minds be so twisted, and yet they are allowed to make policy for the rest of us?

hopnpop

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Ok, lets say my home gets burglarized, and Someone steals my guns, Of course I am going to report the theft! So if someone breaks into my home again, this ordinance names me as a repeat offender?
The way I understand it, if your home is burglarized and you fail to report the theft of a handgun, you'd be in violation of this ordinance. If your home is burglarized again, and you again fail to report the theft of a handgun, you'd be deemed a repeat offender for the repeated offense of NOT reporting it. If you, like me and I would think most others, would, of course, report a handgun stolen, there's no worries.