• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'The open carry fight moves on to Madison',

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kind of funny, lol. Considering I was the first one to pick up a copy of the ordinance and speak with the city attorney. Until I spoke with him he never knew about the pre-emption statute LMAO. Wich ended with him redrafting the whole ordinance, to only include the city property which I told him was also pre-empted. Then others jumped in and helped, those who went to the city meetings. Brad and Jesus and others.

Not looking to steal there thunder, no big deal. We are all on the same side, if some of the facts get messed up no biggy, no ones in this for the publicity. Hope the three instructors and Gene Germaine can help!

Ben

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

BJA wrote:
Not looking to steal there thunder, no big deal. We are all on the same side, if some of the facts get messed up no biggy, no ones in this for the publicity.
I disagree.

I disagree that we are all on the same side here on the OpenCarry.org forum. These cozeners are seeking thirty pieces of silver as sinecure.

I disagree that "if some ... facts get messed up no biggy" for the same reasons that we complain about the lamestream media spin of 'facts'.

WIG19

imported post

Speaking of "trivial" facts...

"Mr. Yates was lawfully, openly carrying a firearm as he is authorized to do under Wis. Stat. § 941.23..."
[/quote][/quote]

That's not anything close to what 941.23 says.

WIG19

imported post

Yeah, Doug, I just wish journalists would - in general - sometimes provide some public service by a civics lesson about "mute in the law." Alas, I'm a realist and that's the extent of my hopey-changey thing.

;)

patriotguy

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/x-5103-Wisconsin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m8d12-The-open-carry-fight-moves-on-to-Madison

lead by three of my AACFI certified firearms instructors

Paid agitators? Watch your pocketbooks!
When I spoke to the Greenfield and South Milwaukee alderpersons at length about the issues of the statute changes they wanted, and in several subsequent emails back and forth with them, they never mentioned your three instructors. After emailing the Greenfield alderperson and city attorney advising them that their municipal statutes are in violation of state statutes, I was told that they were dropping the issue. Sorry, was that you that did that?

I saw many leaders of the open carry movement at the council meetings. Did I miss the leading by your three instructors only? What do you mean?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

As an elected public official I often wonder how I would respond to a person representing himself as representing a special interest group of more than himself.

"Mr. Huffman, I'm Joe S. Ragman representing Wisconsin Patriots and AAFCI and we think you should..."

I believe in a representative government and not in any hint of direct-democracy. I was elected to follow my principles and not to be blown by the political windbags' and their funbags.

AaronS

imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/x-5103-Wisconsin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m8d12-The-open-carry-fight-moves-on-to-Madison

lead by three of my AACFI certified firearms instructors

Paid agitators? Watch your pocketbooks!
When I spoke to the Greenfield and South Milwaukee alderpersons at length about the issues of the statute changes they wanted, and in several subsequent emails back and forth with them, they never mentioned your three instructors. After emailing the Greenfield alderperson and city attorney advising them that their municipal statutes are in violation of state statutes, I was told that they were dropping the issue. Sorry, was that you that did that?

I saw many leaders of the open carry movement at the council meetings. Did I miss the leading by your three instructors only? What do you mean?
You hit that on the head. We show up and do the work, the mistery three get credit...??? I don't think so.

That Greenfield meeting was a good one. They never even thought people not from Greenfield would show up. We all (that went) did a great job, and put a stop to it, on the spot. We did not get, and we did not need any "elected public official" (or paper pusher) to help us at all. Now we have to do it again, in Madison. And we will.
If all a person is willing to do is sit on a computer, and tell us how things should be, it gives us no real help at all. By now, every user on this forum should have OC'd, gone to a picnic, or helped our highway clean up (or start a new one in your area). If you don't GET OUT, and use your right, then you do not have that right...

When a call for help goes out (like Madison), WE are the ONLY people that can make any changes. Open carry is a right that we like to talk about, but are all the users ready to show it? Ifwe don't make a stand, we all fail. I don't like to fail.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Picnickers and marchers only? Why not insist on paid membership too, and demonstration of the ability to shoot over 250.

We all contribute on our own way and as we can.

I haven't seen you joining me as I pick-up trash along my mile+ road - and would really rather do it myself.

While I was learning to drive my little (F-Vee, 52 Hp Caracci) race car my instructor yelled, "If you ain't spinnin' [failing] then you ain't trying!" a lot. One of my schools was at Palm Beach IR where the course winds in and around canals - with divers stationed to rescue drivers that literally get in too deep. I got my rear wheels wet once.