• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AAF Tank Museum in Danville area

Tweaker

imported post

4. War memorial disgrace in Danville

Brave men and women have died face down in the mud to give us the
right to keep and bear arms. Disgracefully, the AAF Tank Museum in
Danville has a "no guns" policy! They say they want YOU to respect
the memory of our soldiers, while the museum makes a mockery of what
they died for.

From their web site:

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Tank_Museum.htm#Rules%20&%20Regulations

This is a Memorial Dedicated to the
Men and Women of the Armed Services
Please respect their memory!

NO firearms

---

If you would like to send a message to the museum about their
disgraceful policies, here is their email address:

aaftank@gamewood.net

Here is my letter:

Should I bring my friends and associates to the AAF museum?

I have been there twice. I used to tell anyone with an interest in your museum. I will no longer do this, since I have learned of your opposition to the civil rights of your customers.

You want to honor our soldiers, but then dishonor what they fought for with your arbitrary decision to prohibit firearms. That is your choice, and it will affect your business directly.

I will never return, while this ridiculousness remains. I will continue to speak of your business, but it will be to tell people not to attend.

I will not bring my friends and relatives.

If I remember, you are from NY state. That shit does not fly down here in the Old Dominion. Go back, or come correct.

Captain ____ _____

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Tweaker wrote:
4. War memorial disgrace in Danville

Brave men and women have died face down in the mud to give us the
right to keep and bear arms. Disgracefully, the AAF Tank Museum in
Danville has a "no guns" policy! They say they want YOU to respect
the memory of our soldiers, while the museum makes a mockery of what
they died for.

From their web site:

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Tank_Museum.htm#Rules%20&%20Regulations

This is a Memorial Dedicated to the
Men and Women of the Armed Services
Please respect their memory!

NO firearms

---

If you would like to send a message to the museum about their
disgraceful policies, here is their email address:

aaftank@gamewood.net

Here is my letter:

Should I bring my friends and associates to the AAF museum?

I have been there twice. I used to tell anyone with an interest in your museum. I will no longer do this, since I have learned of your opposition to the civil rights of your customers.

You want to honor our soldiers, but then dishonor what they fought for with your arbitrary decision to prohibit firearms. That is your choice, and it will affect your business directly.

I will never return, while this ridiculousness remains. I will continue to speak of your business, but it will be to tell people not to attend.

I will not bring my friends and relatives.

If I remember, you are from NY state. That @#$% does not fly down here in the Old Dominion. Go back, or come correct.

Captain ____ _____
I seem to remember this identical posting a few months ago. I remember because I did take the time to write a nasty-gram to the museum (to which I never received a reply, of course).

darthmord

imported post

While I saw they are set up as a non-profit organization (great for them)... I did not see anything that indicates they are a private org or an arm of the poliitical structure within the Commonwealth.

Anyone know?

Tweaker

imported post

It is just some dood, as far as I know. He is from NY state. He angered the locals by getting a big tax incentive for the museum, and then failing to live up to his promises. I read about it over a year ago, so I don't remember any specifics.

It is definitely not a .gov thang.