• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun toting Preachers

Blackrobed rev.

imported post

I am a pastor of a local church and have a CC permit. I believe that the Bible advocates the protection of ourselves, loved ones, and in my case, the congregation. Especially, in light of the spate of recent church shootings. It does surprise me at the number of people who don't think a Pastor should do so. Any opinions?

JT

imported post

Pastors are citizens and have all the same rights as anyone else with one exception. Mississippi law currently lists churches as off limits for carry. Frankly that is unconstitutional in my view. Churches should be able to decide for themselves whether to allow carry, just as private businesses do.

1911Hammer

imported post

I think more pastors should carry, as well as all citizens in general. I also wish, pastors and churchgoers shoud be allowed to carry inchurch as well.

Blackrobed rev.

imported post

My sentiments exactly, especially in light of the aforementioned church attacks. I am grateful for this forum and look forward to being a part of your virtual community. Information is powerful and is vital to the survival of this country. Thanks.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Blackrobed rev. wrote:
SNIP Any opinions?
Theologically speaking, if you can grant forgiveness,I see no reason why you should not possess the ability to expedite Judgementfor extreme cases.

Its really just a matter of getting the sinner in front of the Lord faster than he might have wanted.

I'm sure St. Peter wouldn'tmind the momentary additional administration. Its bound to be a fast interview anyway.

:)

suntzu

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Blackrobed rev. wrote:
SNIP Any opinions?
Theologically speaking, if you can grant forgiveness,I see no reason why you should not possess the ability to expedite Judgementfor extreme cases.

Its really just a matter of getting the sinner in front of the Lord faster than he might have wanted.

I'm sure St. Peter wouldn'tmind the momentary additional administration. Its bound to be a fast interview anyway.

Citizen-- where is your mercy and compassion for the evil of society?

In Tennessee Churches are not automatically off limits to carry-unless of course they are posted according to T.C.A 39-17-1359(a)

suntzu

imported post

Blackrobed rev. wrote:
I am a pastor of a local church and have a CC permit. I believe that the Bible advocates the protection of ourselves, loved ones, and in my case, the congregation. Especially, in light of the spate of recent church shootings. It does surprise me at the number of people who don't think a Pastor should do so. Any opinions?
Welcome!

I agree--the laity should be allowed to carry if that is their choice, as should the preachers. I see no where in the Bible where God expects us to stand by and be the victims of murders, rapists and the other evil elements of society. Even Christ told His disciples that if they did not own a sword--to sell their garment and go buy one.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

suntzu wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Blackrobed rev. wrote:
SNIP Any opinions?

Citizen-- where is your mercy and compassion for the evil of society?

I wasn't clear. Sorry.

Immediately after thepastor arranges for the early Judgement, the congregation should pray for the soul of the departed. This can even be done while the pastor performs a tactical reload and threat-scans the area.

hammer6

imported post

my pastor held a meeting with a few men and women from the congregation, about protecting the congregation, and encouraged us to carry...(florida)

hammer6

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I'd love to attend services in such a church, where is it?

i live in bradenton, fl...the founding pastor is retired LE, and his son is now the pastor, but they hand picked a few men and women from the church, and i know for a fact that at least 5 of the 12-15 at the meeting carry on a regular basis..he said it was our duty as a church to protect the ourselves, the congregation and kids, pastor and church grounds... it's a small church- about 100-125 people but we have our own property and acreage

Blackrobed rev.

imported post

We are located in Escatawpa (Moss Point) MS at 3801 Hill av. The notion of Pastors getting involved is nothing new. The Blackrobed regiment was the name given to pastors during the American Revolution, hence the phrase, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. We havea mandate to keep the people informed regarding truth, both spiritually and physically.

imported post

The concept of such preachers is nothing new to me, it's just so rare today.
The wife and I travel SW Mississippi quite frequently, more towards the Natchez/McComb/Brookhaven area. If your church was up that way, we'd be sure to visit on Sunday morning.

imported post

The concept of such preachers is nothing new to me, it's just so rare today.
The wife and I travel SW Mississippi quite frequently, more towards the Natchez/McComb/Brookhaven area. If your church was up that way, we'd be sure to visit on Sunday morning.

Blackrobed rev.

imported post

Yes, sad but true. Most pastors believe the Scriptures teach passivism, which could not be further from the Truth. We have a moral obligation to defend our families, and extended families, the weak and innocent and the land as well, against any and all enemies. I appreciate the candor and openness of this forum.

Mississippian

imported post

It does surprise me at the number of people who don't think a Pastor should do so. Any opinions?
I have some family members who attend a church in Grand Bay, AL that recently has had a few break-ins and once while the preacher was there. The preacher and a few others routinly CC now, they were worried about how the members would react, but from what I understand, all the members that know, support carrying.

I don't know about MPPD, but if you are outsideMoss Point PD jurisdiction andwere in the county, I doubt Sheriff Byrd would have any problems with you carrying. IMO, it falls into the 'don't ask-don't tell' category.