Thread: BLM land Tombstone

Post imported post

In October I'm traveling to Tombstone to participate in an historical horseback excursion which will visit the various locations visited by Wyatt Earp on his vendetta ride. The proprietor of the tour company has specifically requested that those of us who are experienced pistoleros to pack loaded hoglegs due to occasional close proximity to the Mexican border.

The problem is that he says we will spend two days on BLM land and that he has personally seen these locations posted "no guns."

I have been under the impression that BLM lands were wide open as long as local laws are complied with.

Anybody know what the story is on this?

Liberty

Post imported post

I believe BLM signs in the area between Apache Junction and Florence indicate no target shooting is allowed but they do not dissalow posesssion of firearms. Although target shooting is not allowed Hunting is.

The signs in the Tombstone area may be different but they should not prohibet posession.

If a group of wild Mexicans, Arabs or Martianswere attacking me I would shoot first and worry about the no target practice rule later.

Where are you coming from, New Yawk City?Enjoy your visit and don't shoot yourself with that Hogleg. :celebrate
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

See ya at Helldorado cowboy... Hogleg... LOL! If it was me... I'd be packin' somethin' a little more modern t'ward the border. Not 'period correct'... but a .45 SAA for personal defense about the same as drivin' a Model T on the I-10. Your call. Note: GET ACANTEEN... you'll need it.

Post imported post

yea defiantly load up on water. especially going horseback. if it were me doing this, id have nothing less of a small army with everyone cocked and locked with at LEAST a pistol.

my packing list would look something like... assault pack with at least a gallon of water, camelbak, poncho, one MRE, one extra mag for AK, two extra mags for pistol

weapons would be - one AK-47, one pistol, one folding knife

and make sure you bring a hat and sunscreen lol

edit - oh your spending a couple days out there i didnt read that. yea i would add to that packing list for sure

what tour company is doing this?

Post imported post

I forgot to add... carry that 'hogleg' crossdraw.. You'll know whywhen you mount up or try to pull that thingsittin' inthe saddle. DO NOT tie it to your leg...

Post imported post

I carry a brace...one in a "Duke" style rig and one in a Holliday shoulder rig. And I do have the canteen.

Post imported post

Liberty Sanders wrote:
    I carry a brace...one in a "Duke" style rig and one in a Holliday shoulder rig. And I do have the canteen.

'Still better put that 'Duke' backward... I don't care what John Wayne did. You may want'a omit that shoulder rig for horseback 'n tie it to your pommel... along with the canteen. Dunno where you're from... or if you ride much armed, but in the event you have an unplanned exit... the more hardware you're wearin... the more it might hurt.