Thread: Looking for a vest carrier.

Post imported post

I am working as a armed guard on the side . I have my military vest and plates but I am needing a concealed vest. To save money I will be using my level IV plates from my military vest and I am looking for just a Kevlar plate carrier. I would love to buy dragon skin but do not have the 5K for one. Thanks for any help. For OPSEC reasons I am not allowed to give out the name of the company or what we typical are contracted out to protect.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

judging by the fact of what you just said I would assume, You are being attached to a valuable person or persons of importance, whilst in the midst of the united states, "hence concealed to the average American, so as not to rouse suspicion"

I would first start with asking your employer, generally if they put you in harms way, they provide means of preventing that harm. If they do not you may want to reconsider your options. If you are wanting contract jobs I can point you in the right direction.

If your employer is not willing to provide with the means to conduct what is asked of you safely then consider what you will be doing, and what you will need. Read you Sit Rep and find out if the ability to prevent rifle rounds on just front and back is what you need, or if handgun round protection all around is what you need.

This will vary but im sure you already know all of this.

options for under plate carriers will be limited. most concealed vests are designed for trauma plates not ceramic military ones. The sets Ive dealt with are 8 pounds each and 6 sided in nature. These will not fit un-suggestively under a suit, or generic clothing. you will need to purchase slightly more expensive plates, if you do not want attention drawn towards you, and client.

for example: close quarters, indoor meeting with high end client. with expected total 60 seconds outdoors will not require under good circumstances a rifle plate."not saying it cant happen"

suggest purchasing PACA with highest level. worn one for years, never had issue. fits great and adjusts itself for entereing and exiting vehichles. plates however for this are very small.

Paca's products page is currently down or i would post links for you. If you would like more information or opinions I would be happy to provide them to you. I understand your inability to not post details and will work around that for you.

Been there done this and that haha

Glocky

Post imported post

Would a desert colored molle vest with no attachments hide well under your clothing I think that may work and also it will have versitility when you get off of work.

Post imported post

Glock_21Carrier wrote:
    judging by the fact of what you just said I would assume, You are being attached to a valuable person or persons of importance, whilst in the midst of the united states, "hence concealed to the average American, so as not to rouse suspicion"

I would first start with asking your employer, generally if they put you in harms way, they provide means of preventing that harm. If they do not you may want to reconsider your options. If you are wanting contract jobs I can point you in the right direction.

If your employer is not willing to provide with the means to conduct what is asked of you safely then consider what you will be doing, and what you will need. Read you Sit Rep and find out if the ability to prevent rifle rounds on just front and back is what you need, or if handgun round protection all around is what you need.

This will vary but im sure you already know all of this.

options for under plate carriers will be limited. most concealed vests are designed for trauma plates not ceramic military ones. The sets Ive dealt with are 8 pounds each and 6 sided in nature. These will not fit un-suggestively under a suit, or generic clothing. you will need to purchase slightly more expensive plates, if you do not want attention drawn towards you, and client.

for example: close quarters, indoor meeting with high end client. with expected total 60 seconds outdoors will not require under good circumstances a rifle plate."not saying it cant happen"

suggest purchasing PACA with highest level. worn one for years, never had issue. fits great and adjusts itself for entereing and exiting vehichles. plates however for this are very small.

Paca's products page is currently down or i would post links for you. If you would like more information or opinions ( I WOULD LIKE THE INFO VERY MUCH)I would be happy to provide them to you. I understand your inability to not post details and will work around that for you.

Been there done this and that haha

Glocky
    The company that i work for has just started up and they are working on a few state contracts for us to work on. Till then we do the standard Armed security work to personal details. They allow us to use our personal weapons which saves them more money for more training courses. That and they know people treat personal weapons better then weapons "given" to them. They have issued us soft body armor, but it does not provide the best protection for all situations. They bought the best they can afford for just starting out, so i can't fault them. I found this body armor for $400 which I called them and they said I might be able to use my level IV plates to increase protection.
    http://www.dangerproof.com/concealab...ar-ud-p-3.html
    The concealable style bulletproof vest provides the same performance as the Standard style, but slips under your clothing comfortably for out of sight comfort but not out of mind protection. The unidirectional design of the Kevlar fabric delivers incredible protection rated at NIJ Protection Class IIIA. Class IIIA Kevlar comprises of thermally bonded, non-interwoven Kevlar fibre designed for maximum impact absorption. Strong enough to stop a .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point bullets, it will provide protection against most handgun encounters and threats. Easily concealable under clothing, the vest covers a generous protection area of 0.28 m2 but comes in at only 2.4 kg for medium (M) size (0.30 m2 and 2.5 kg for large size). You’ll hardly notice that it is there, and neither will other people. Comes in a jet black finish.

I am still shopping around, but with so many choices it is hard to pick. I am having to save money to buy what ever I decide to buy. I just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on just any vest. They are hoping to buy us Dragon Skin for Tactical body armor if they can get the government contracts.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Post imported post

Doesnt look like a bad vest at all. However information about production areas and details are sparse on that site also.

One of the guys I worked with took a generic vest like that and had a tailor sew in pouches for plates. you may want to consider this as an option.

You may consider what Bustello said, and buy a slimmer carrier for the Armour you currently own. I have used the point blank OTV vest on occasion and am happy with the performance, however this was strictly for exterior wear.

You may find a carrier for those panels and plates, but from what i have found the mil-spec panels are not very compatible with conceal vests, as that was never their design nor function.

The Contractor I worked with had to go through several hoops to get even the ability to use certain things, so waiting on your CO to come through wouldnt be my suggestion. I always used my own toys, so If i broke them it didnt matter haha

Post imported post

Cheaper than dirt has one that I saw would work and its molle I think the price was around 20.

Post imported post

You can buy t-shirts with sewn-in pockets to hold soft armor and/or ceramic plates, then put on a loos fitting shirt to cover it up.

Post imported post

Bustelo5% wrote: That will work out perfect with my Level IV plates. Fot those who are not sure what This plates can stop.

NIJ Level IV, .30 cal. APM2, Single-Hit 30.06 AP, 7.62 x 63 166 gr. 2, 850 fps And lesser threats