• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are idiots!

bennie1986

imported post

I was out with my wife and son looking at some possible choices for my next gun purchase, Friday 8/14/09. We stopped at Sharp Shooting indoor range and gun shop. I have purchased almost half of the worth of my firearms there and also have known one of the employees since grade school (no disrespect Mike this in nothing personal, he was not there) Up to this point I have enjoyed my experiences there but today marked one of the most disappointing days of my life (no exaggeration). I was explaining my situation with my recent encounter with the SPD which most of you are familiar with (Ticketed for OC 7/30/09 and Open Carry in the park defense). During my discussion I asked if they were familiar with OC.org so I could explain how much help and support I have gotten from our members. Immediately upon asking if they were familiar with this site one of the guys said, “Don’t talk to those idiots.” I was absolutely taken aback. I said, “What”? He replied, “Don’t talk to them, anybody involved with OC.org are complete idiots”. I asked why at least 3 to 4 times and he became very defensive and avoided answering my question. One of the guys finally came up with the reason that at least 9 out of 10 people will be fine with it but the tenth guy will call the cops claiming to be threatened just because I have a gun (mind you well within my rights and in a completely safe and respectful manner). This was his reason that OC was a bad idea… I should give up my rights as an AMERICAN CITIZEN because of the ignorance of one tenth the population (not his words but just a general interpretation). My wife, son and I, whom I was carrying because he is only 2, walked out of the store never to set foot back in.
It is unfortunate that anti-gun ideals have some in such fear of our rights that they are not willing to fully support our constitution. What would America be if everyone took a half assed approach to any of our constitutional rights… what would our forefathers think?
I have never felt such betrayal in my life. I thought we were all on the same page here but apparently I am wrong and submission has begun to sink in to some. I will not willing allow my son to live in a society that shuns patriots.
See you on the front line,
Benjamin F Eierdam

Brad Cowin

imported post

I think I know the guy you are talking about. Looks like he's ramped his spiel up a bit. When I was in there my last time about a year ago and brought up OC with him. Then he brought up the "being a prime target for a criminal", getting arrested for scaring people, etc. Typical uneducated BS. Wasn't interested in talking freedom, rights, real world experiences or any RCWs. Just don't do it, it will get you shot, and if it doesn't get you shot, don't do it because you will scare people and these scared people will get you arrested!

bennie1986

imported post

Brad Cowin wrote:
I think I know the guy you are talking about. Looks like he's ramped his spiel up a bit. When I was in there my last time about a year ago and brought up OC with him. Then he brought up the "being a prime target for a criminal", getting arrested for scaring people, etc. Typical uneducated BS. Wasn't interested in talking freedom, rights, real world experiences or any RCWs. Just don't do it, it will get you shot, and if it doesn't get you shot, don't do it because you will scare people and these scared people will get you arrested!
Lol if it gets me shot at I'll be shooting back... and guess who will be in the right!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The same shop that requires CC or cased weapons only to enter and use the overpriced facilities. The same shop that says OC will scare the new customers away.

BobR

imported post

There is a reason why they are on the DNP list and why I make sure everyone I know who is looking for a gun or a place to shoot is advised to go elsewhere.

ETA: There are plenty of other places in town to give your money to if you are looking to purchase a gun.

bob

bennie1986

imported post

BobR wrote:
There is a reason why they are on the DNP list and why I make sure everyone I know who is looking for a gun or a place to shoot is advised to go elsewhere.

ETA: There are plenty of other places in town to give your money to if you are looking to purchase a gun.

bob
Wish I know sooner!

Kildars

imported post

The Pawn Shop I go to in renton (can't think of the name, right next to the firestation) is where I've purchased all my firearms. They love OC. Talk about it everytime I go in there.

One time I went in this guy had an old western style belt with two revolvers and the belt was lined with extra ammo. Freakin Awesome. I asked him if he OC'd that and he said but if I had it I would.

I think I know the place (read a post on it before). I remember I almost stopped in there real quick to buy some magazines and then I remember, I turned around and left.

computerizedfish

imported post

Would any of you guys mind mentioning some of the better places to visit when gun shopping in Spokane? I am probably heading up there in the next couple of weeks and would like to do a little shopping.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Kildars wrote:
The Pawn Shop I go to in renton (can't think of the name, right next to the firestation) is where I've purchased all my firearms. They love OC. Talk about it everytime I go in there.

One time I went in this guy had an old western style belt with two revolvers and the belt was lined with extra ammo. Freakin Awesome. I asked him if he OC'd that and he said but if I had it I would.

I think I know the place (read a post on it before). I remember I almost stopped in there real quick to buy some magazines and then I remember, I turned around and left.
You mean "Ben's" I bought my Kimber there.

bennie1986

imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
Would any of you guys mind mentioning some of the better places to visit when gun shopping in Spokane? I am probably heading up there in the next couple of weeks and would like to do a little shopping.
Axel's is a really cool shop. I dont know the address but its on division south of the general store. If you check out his web site it has his phone number, http://www.axelraven.com/.

BobR

imported post

http://www.northwestcollectorarms.com/

Northwest Pawn and Collectors is one of my favorite hangouts.

Over in Couer d' Alene there is Northwest Pony Express, I have only been there once but was impressed with their selection. The prices seemed a little high to me, but I haven't been gun shopping in quite a while.

http://www.nwponyexpress.com/index.php

There is Dave's Guns out in Nine Mile, I have never been there but others say it is a nice place to do business.

http://www.davesguns.com/aboutus.html

Over in Post Falls is Center Target Sports. Never been.

http://www.centertargetsports.com/

The nice thing about going to Post Falls is you can also go to the Buck factory store and Cabela's while you are over there. Oh, Cabela's has guns also.

bob

Brad Cowin

imported post

North of Spokane is Deer Park. Their Double Eagle Pawn is a great place to shop. Already a very good selection and when I was in there a month ago getting a CZ Vz-52 they were under construction to expand their gun section. Their not necessarily the best for brand new pistols, but for things like AK's, AR's, Saigas, hunting rifles, shotguns, mil surp, and C&R their price, selection, and availability always has me calling them first.

jbone

imported post

Sounds like one of those that figures your right to protect is lesser than his right of speach.Don't go there anymore, spread the word, and sit back and watch.

Oliferous

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA
imported post

I was just in Ben's the other day. I LOVE that shop! Funny story actually, when I was there putting some more money down on a Ruger SR9 I got on layaway(love that too), some "alert" alarm went off! All the employees locked down the store and I find out while I was talkin to Al(most friendly gun shop guy EVER!), some dumb-ass tried to ROB THE PLACE!
Seriously, who tries to rob a GUN SHOP!! Everyone that works there either OC's or CC's!! Turns out the guy and his 2 "buddies" were wanted nationally for robbing pawn shops! It was pretty entertaining to see the reactions of the staff, they were just as confused as I was as to how brainless one would have to be to try something like that!
Any way my original point waas going to be, shop at Ben's Loan in Renton, excellent prices and great, informative and friendly staff! And they're almost always ammo stocked too :)

Kildars

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
Kildars wrote:

You mean "Ben's" I bought my Kimber there.

That's it. I love that place.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I would like to meet this person, would anyone else like to meet him(her). We should meetat Sharp Shootingthis coming Saturday morning around 10 AM to get acquainted with Robin Ball so that she knows exactly how much business she is not getting from us. Except for this one last trip I will not ever set foot in there again. I also have 2 range passes that I would like to give back to Robin personally.

Orphan the idiot

BobR

imported post

Robin doesn't care about you or any other Open Carriers. We have been through this with her in the past and she will not change her stance. CC is ok though.

At one time part of her reasoning was that people practicing OC in her place would scare away "female" customers. It didn't matter that all of her staff practices OC in the store.

You can meet with her and talk until you are blue in the face. In the end she will go back inside her office and not change a thing.

It is a shame, she really does a lot for the 2A, it is just too narrowly focused. I guess to her the 2A stops a little bit before OC.

You can do a search on here for Sharp Shooter or her name and find out what happened in the past.

Now an informational picket on the sidewalk in front of her place may be something to look at. We could educate people about OC and at the same time make sure they know the 2A is conditional inside the range.

bob

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Now an informational picket on the sidewalk in front of her place may be something to look at. We could educate people about OC and at the same time make sure they know the 2A is conditional inside the range.
LOL, I love it ! Open Carry picketing a gun store. I'd be willing to drive over one weekend to do that...

Jeff Hayes

imported post

BobR

Your rightRobin does not care. One of us complaning is not going to change Robins mind 1 little iota. I am going togive my range passes back and let Robin know how I feel. Robin has the absolute right to do what ever she wants to at her business, I have the absolute right not to spend money there and to encourage everyone I talk to to not spend money there. If 10 of us were to show up that would be a different matter, not likly to happen tho.

Orphan