• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are idiots!

Vandal

imported post

Sharp Shooting is n the DNP list because of Robin and her personal interpretation of the 2nd Amend. I was yelled at from across the store to either cover up my XD or leave the store. I covered, left and have never gone back. There are other gun shops in Spokane and most of the ones in the Post Falls/ Coeur d 'Alene area will do a transfer for you. Hell, even Cabela's is cool with open carry.

bennie1986

imported post

Here is an email that I received from robin, she could care less that she has lost business.

I knew of the situation before you emailed. Yes, you should not have been
treated that way. I do have some sympathy for the employee though. We get in
the crossfire with folks who wish to push the envelop on rules and legislatures
asking for my help in changing the rules so that there is no gray area. While I
agree you should not ever need a permit to exercise your rights, carry your gun
open, etc. The reality is not what I "want" but what is perceived to be the
law. I fight daily to keep our rights and myself and staff get pushed from all
directions.

Personally, I am always going to go out of my way to avoid "bad" contact with
law enforcement. I don't have the time or the money to fight. I prefer to take
my fight through legislative channels.

I appreciate you past business and wish you well with your future.

Robin

[/code]

brianstone1985

imported post

My God if anyone is still paying $ to go to sharp shooters you are throwing your $ into the wind! Go to the range on Micah peak!!!! it is 3$ to shoot at their outdoor range that is up to 1000 yds.

They even have a separate pistol range a 1/4 mi away that in the past has been included for my 3 $.

and for a yearly pass you join the club... I'll have to find my old card.... forget club name but.... it is like 25-30# for the whole Fing year.

ok winter is a bit cold but for 2/3rds of the year you should have no desire to go elsewhere.

If people don't know where the range is lets get another meeting going and we can all go out there and shoot. Just PM me and lets get something going.

Brian

bennie1986

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
My God if anyone is still paying $ to go to sharp shooters you are throwing your $ into the wind! Go to the range on Micah peak!!!! it is 3$ to shoot at their outdoor range that is up to 1000 yds.

They even have a separate pistol range a 1/4 mi away that in the past has been included for my 3 $.

and for a yearly pass you join the club... I'll have to find my old card.... forget club name but.... it is like 25-30# for the whole Fing year.

ok winter is a bit cold but for 2/3rds of the year you should have no desire to go elsewhere.

If people don't know where the range is lets get another meeting going and we can all go out there and shoot. Just PM me and lets get something going.

Brian
We should arange a shoot soon that would be fun!

Sparky508

imported post

bennie1986 wrote:
My wife, son and I, whom I was carrying because he is only 2, walked out of the store never to set foot back in.

:celebrateAre you here to tell me that you OPENLY CARRYING A CHILD?

Um.........dont you need a permit for that?:celebrate

David.Car

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:

Brian

If you are talking about the "Spokane Valley Gun Range" in Mica run by Joel, then it is $5 per person. Open from 2pm til sun down.

Only the one public range section. Goes from 50ft out to 1,000 yards with targets and paper boards all the way in between.

You can shoot anything you have there. .50 is okay, so is tannerite.

Edit: As to Sharpshooting, went through all this last summer when we had them put on the DNP list. Take your money elsewhere. Definitely check out Axels. There new store has a huge sign on it that just says "GUNS" it is on the right side of Division about 2 blocks South of the General Store. They have supported OC.Org, even keeping a couple stacks of our OC brochures