• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is America Dead?

chiefjason

imported post

OK, I'll play along. Woman with a knife, likely uncomplient. What are your suggestions? Tazer, pepper spray, planed ignoring? Have you ever taken anyone down in order to restrain them? It's just not pretty and you do it the way your trained. Yeah she's 84, but she controlled the knife and took her to the ground. If she was able to have a conversation with the LEO I'm sure it turns out different. These folks need to go home at night just like the rest of us. And FWIW I don't buy the idea that they sign that away because of their job. It definitely makes it harder to go home sometimes, but they have no less a right to. And if someone stands in the way with a weapon, then sometimes they get hurt. What will you do if someone comes at you with a knife. Talk them down?

imported post

chiefjason wrote:
OK, I'll play along. Woman with a knife, likely uncomplient. What are your suggestions? Tazer, pepper spray, planed ignoring? Have you ever taken anyone down in order to restrain them? It's just not pretty and you do it the way your trained. Yeah she's 84, but she controlled the knife and took her to the ground. If she was able to have a conversation with the LEO I'm sure it turns out different. These folks need to go home at night just like the rest of us. And FWIW I don't buy the idea that they sign that away because of their job. It definitely makes it harder to go home sometimes, but they have no less a right to. And if someone stands in the way with a weapon, then sometimes they get hurt. What will you do if someone comes at you with a knife. Talk them down?
why are the cops there in the first place? did she hurt someone? did she do anything? did anyone want the cops to be there?

the video was disgusting the cop should be in jail

and to answer the OP's question yes america has been dead for over 100 years.

chiefjason

imported post

[/quote]
"why are the cops there in the first place? did she hurt someone? did she do anything? did anyone want the cops to be there?

the video was disgusting the cop should be in jail

and to answer the OP's question yes america has been dead for over 100 years."

[/quote]

1- Assuming someone called, we know they rarely just "show up."
2- It seems not at that point.
3- Most cities have ordinances against fixed blade knives and a thing called "brandishing". Openly displaying a weapon in your hand.
3- See 1.

Now for my question. Where was the daughter. Shopping! Left grandma in the car and she has alzheimers. No personal responsibility for her? America is dead because noone is responsible for their own actions. It is always someone else's fault. And the cops are evil for having to come out and deal with someone's stupid mistake. The victim mentality is what is killing America. I'm sure the daughter is full of excuses, she is old, she would not hurt anyone, she's a sweet lady. But noone wants to say the daughter put her in this ridiculous situation by most likely not wanting to deal with her and shopping. My grandmother is 93 and has Alzheimer's/dementia. She is also quite mean when she needs to be. You don't leave these folks alone. It's like leaving a 5 yr old kid alone in the car.

And this comment just floors me. Wow. Riot, equal show of force? Now that's a good idea. Sheesh.

"I'm pissed off that there wasn't a riot or an equal show of violence from the onlookers," Edwards said in an e-mail. "The elderly lady to me represents my grandmother and the oldest person of my community that has been historically targeted for abuse by police."

imported post

1& 2
chiefjason you're a statist. who the **** cares if someone called? why do the cops need to come because someone called? if nothing is happening why do the cops come? why do people call in the first place? because they've been trained to call the cops to solve all their problems.

who cares about some bullshit unconstitutional ordinances. the ordinances shouldn't be there in the first place.

lets think about this slowly.

more laws = more criminals.
more criminals = more cops
more cops = more money
more money = more control
more control = less freedom
less freedom = tyranny

very easy to follow.

marine77

imported post

chiefjason wrote:

Bull****, a person could have walked up to her and disarmed her by hand very

easily. There was no reason for that cop to take her down that way, none what-

soever. Sure i wasn't there, but it would have been a whole easier if the moron had

used her brain. Just instances like that would more than likely get me put in jail, if

that had been a member of my family and a cop put them down like that, the gloves

would have been off. No reason, whatsoever.

imported post

marine77 wrote:
chiefjason wrote:

Bull****, a person could have walked up to her and disarmed her by hand very

easily. There was no reason for that cop to take her down that way, none what-

soever. Sure i wasn't there, but it would have been a whole easier if the moron had

used her brain. Just instances like that would more than likely get me put in jail, if

that had been a member of my family and a cop put them down like that, the gloves

would have been off. No reason, whatsoever.
also it should be noted when this guy says "what would you do if someone came at you with a knife"... the cop is the one who approached the woman.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

o->i wrote:
also it should be noted when this guy says "what would you do if someone came at you with a knife"... the cop is the one who approached the woman.
Granny in a walker reminds me of "A Fish Called Wanda."

Look. It's K-k-k-ken coming to k-k-k-kill me. Seriously, how hard is it to get out of the way of a granny in a walker?

745.jpg

chiefjason

imported post

Statist? nope. Realist, Yep. Next time you want to OC, leave the holster at home and walk around with it in your hand. Think you might attract more attention? Think people may look differently at your motives?

Why do people call the cops? That's really a question? Maybe they are concerned that a woman is wondering around with a knife in her hand. Maybe cops are the next best folks to deal with this outside of her family. Opps, that's right her family was shopping. Guess that leave the cops.

If you don't like the law are you going to try to change it or just break it? Thought we tried to work within the law or change it. The ordinances are there in lots of places. You cannot just ignore them. Well, I guess you can, but you get stuff like this and all the "cops are evil" that surrounds it.

And you're right, the cop did approach the woman. It's their job! Do you expect them to martyr themselves on the alter of "It's my right."? I don't play law enforcement and try to disarm folks. I carry in case someone comes at me. LEO on the other hand get the difficult task of intervening in situations that tend to have take a turn for the worse. That's why they get called. What is your suggestion to resolve this. Ignore it? Are you going to disarm them? Let the family do it? Crap, the daughter was shopping, I keep forgetting the person RESPONSIBLE for her abandoned her. But there is no reason we should hold her accountable right. If she had been a responsible adult there would be no cops in the picture.

So when someone is trying to get in your house at night who are you going to call? Even if you shoot first, once the smoke settles, who are you calling? We act like society can function without some form of police or the like. You have much more faith in mankind than I do if you think we will not deteriorate rapidly without laws and someone to enforce them.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

chiefjason wrote:
So when someone is trying to get in your house at night who are you going to call? Even if you shoot first, once the smoke settles, who are you calling?
We have to call the parasites. The law demands it. The parasites have to justify their salaries, so they insert themselves where they don't need to be.

We act like society can function without some form of police or the like.
Of course, it can. And it would function much better. Only cowards need them. American police are a comprehensive failure that has destroyed the country.

You have much more faith in mankind than I do if you think we will not deteriorate rapidly without laws and someone to enforce them.
Phony laws and expensive costumed thugs do not make for a peaceful and thriving world.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

o->i wrote:
1& 2
chiefjason you're a statist. who the @#$% cares if someone called? why do the cops need to come because someone called? if nothing is happening why do the cops come? why do people call in the first place? because they've been trained to call the cops to solve all their problems.

who cares about some bull@#$% unconstitutional ordinances. the ordinances shouldn't be there in the first place.

lets think about this slowly.

more laws = more criminals.
more criminals = more cops
more cops = more money
more money = more control
more control = less freedom
less freedom = tyranny

very easy to follow.

lol nice. +1 :lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
We act like society can function without some form of police or the like.
Of course, it can. And it would function much better. Only cowards need them. American police are a comprehensive failure that has destroyed the country.

You have much more faith in mankind than I do if you think we will not deteriorate rapidly without laws and someone to enforce them.
Phony laws and expensive costumed thugs do not make for a peaceful and thriving world.
Absolutely.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Im with chief on this one, and frankly am sick of all teh cop bashing. This lady did her job. She protected that lady from herself. Now imagine that they had not disarmed her and she had approached a CCDW holder with less intelligence and restraint and she had been shot to death. These cops protect people from themselves. You guys can monday morning quarterback all you want, but this lady did teh right thing, and if anyone is criminally liable its teh moron daughter in teh walmart while her 93 year old mother withe the mentality of a 6 year old is left alone with a freakin knife.

And teh belief that society can function without police is the same moronic mindset that contributes to teh idea that gun control will reduce crime. You believe that people are naturally "good"... People are naturally animal, and what sets us apart from apes is law.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
Now imagine that they had not disarmed her and she had approached a CCDW holder with less intelligence and restraint and she had been shot to death.
Why is it that cop apologists, regardless of board, quickly deviate from the fact pattern and demand that I imagine facts that would strain Tolkein to pen?

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Walkeraviator wrote:
Now imagine that they had not disarmed her and she had approached a CCDW holder with less intelligence and restraint and she had been shot to death.
Why is it that cop apologists, regardless of board, quickly deviate from the fact pattern and demand that I imagine facts that would strain Tolkein to pen?

Its the exact same pattern that causes us to carry firearms to begin with...a bad guy "might" attack us so we need to do the prudent thing.... same situation. Cop has to do what it takes to eliminate every possibility in the tree of chaos, even the worst case scenario.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
Walkeraviator wrote:

Its the exact same pattern that causes us to carry firearms to begin with...a bad guy "might" attack us so we need to do the prudent thing.... same situation. Cop has to do what it takes to eliminate every possibility in the tree of chaos, even the worst case scenario.
There is no alternate scenario. A confused granny is in a walker in a parking lot with a steak knife. That's the entire scenario.

If the cop can't take the knife out of her hand without harming either of them, he's failed the intro level of "COPS on PS3." "Press X to retry."

milkmanjoe

imported post

Sometimes I wonder if these people "just happen" to be there and know how to use a cell video camera,(and how to publish it to YouTube)or if the whole thing was staged.

Great observation that the outcome could have been more severe had the woman approached a less trained, CCW person.

Cop didn't know about Alzhiemer's with this lady, or her age. Adrenaline muct have been pumping and cop took down and disarmed. That's procedure, right? OK.

And leaving an old woman in a car is something to be arrested for, hundreds of children die from overheating in vehicles every year in this country, Grandma could've expired too. Arrest the daughter and charge her with elderly neglect, to start.

marine77

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
Im with chief on this one, and frankly am sick of all teh cop bashing. This lady did her job. She protected that lady from herself. Now imagine that they had not disarmed her and she had approached a CCDW holder with less intelligence and restraint and she had been shot to death. These cops protect people from themselves. You guys can monday morning quarterback all you want, but this lady did teh right thing, and if anyone is criminally liable its teh moron daughter in teh walmart while her 93 year old mother withe the mentality of a 6 year old is left alone with a freakin knife.

And teh belief that society can function without police is the same moronic mindset that contributes to teh idea that gun control will reduce crime. You believe that people are naturally "good"... People are naturally animal, and what sets us apart from apes is law.

Yes, the lady did her job. But protecting the knife wielder from herself? Please. I

guess firemen, to protect people from burning buildings need to throw the occupants

out the window come what may, to protect them. :banghead: Any normal person who

thought she might be a danger to herself or any other would try to disarm her,

yes i said try, and if she had fought back, how would you not be able to disarm a

86 year old lady. Possibly then, she would have been thrown on the ground, not the

way it was done on the video. And please, give the people who are licensed to

carry the benefit of the doubt, we know we're targets, we know that the bullet we

fire has to be able to be accounted for, we know we are liable to be sued for any and

all things imaginable in this, today's society.

Don't take this wrong, I AM NOT COP BASHING, i may be monday morning quarter-

backing (but hey, it's sunday, lol). And yes, i am with you, the daughter should be

held liable for leaving her mother (?) alone like that, she (the mother) definitley has

some issues.