• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ay interest in a Downriver OC Picnic?

LFB

imported post

I am new to Open Carry, New to owning a pistol too. I have had long guns all my life, but just got my first pistol. I would like to organize an OC picnic in Wyandotte. I have a rough idea how to, but it would be nice to have some more experienced people there to help with answering questions and such.

If I could get a couple supporters, I would be happy to organize an event.

Jeff

Radioman

imported post

Hey Doug

Wyandotte loves to write tickets for all of their petty ordinances, noise complaints, parking, j-walking, looking funny, standing on a corner long enough for them to pass you twice, going through Bishop Park more than twice a night.

The area is a local hangout for the teen and tweener groups and they have caused mischief in the past.

Yes once upon a time I lived in the area so I know what he means by (FINE)dotte.

Radioman

ETA : And yes as the saying goes " IF YOU PLAN IT THEY WILL COME "

I would be happy to come down to a picnic downriver. Set it up and I should be good to go unless that nasty "W" word interferes.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

wardog6d wrote:
dougwg wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
"FINE"Dotte Ouch might need an attorney present...

WTH does this mean?

Is it code or something?
ye its code for bring your check book. Yes they very much LOVE to write simple tickets. OC'ers showed up they would prolly send out there swat team.
Swat team, sounds like fun. With all of the picnics we have had in the past 2.5 years that would be a first. Looking forward to it.

cabman1

imported post

I was thinkin three rivers not down river oops sorry!!!!But if I can help give me a holler.

I got the bike so now its easier for me to go to long distance picnics.If you build it ill be there.I wanna see the swat.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Radioman wrote:
Hey Doug

Wyandotte loves to write tickets for all of their petty ordinances, noise complaints, parking, j-walking, looking funny, standing on a corner long enough for them to pass you twice, going through Bishop Park more than twice a night.

The area is a local hangout for the teen and tweener groups and they have caused mischief in the past.

Yes once upon a time I lived in the area so I know what he means by (FINE)dotte.

Radioman

ETA : And yes as the saying goes " IF YOU PLAN IT THEY WILL COME "

I would be happy to come down to a picnic downriver. Set it up and I should be good to go unless that nasty "W" word interferes.
Ok, duh I'm dumb...I got it now.

I'm in.