• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Representative Dan Zwonitzer R-Cheyenne

AB

imported post

Dan Zwonitzersaid he owns guns and enjoys shooting. However, he said Wyoming is among the top states in the country in terms of gun-related deaths by population and said the state doesn’t need legislation to encourage more people to carry guns.

Zwonitzer quoted the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states in part that a “well-regulated militia” is necessary to the security of a free state. He said he wouldn’t have a problem with the bill if it specified that members of the Wyoming National Guard have a right to carry weapons.

Does this sound like someone that has read the constitution?

Article in Wyoming Tribune

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

AB very good post and important information for Wyoming.

http://wyominggunowners.org/

Wyoming Gun Owners Association - JOIN TODAY ! They are being pro active for the 2A.

Keep us informed on the status conceal carry no permit required in Wyoming !

Spread the word on this bill across Wyoming to friends and gun clubs - request everyone email and call their representatives in Cheyenne !

Get this bill passed !

P.S. Join the Wyoming Gun Owners Association !

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

I just checked the Wyoming Shooting Sports Assoc WYSSA and the National Rifle Association NRA web sites, I did not see anything about this on their web sites ?

Is the Wyoming Shooting Sports Assoc WYSSA and the National Rifle AssociationNRA supporting this Bill for Wyoming Citizens ?

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

A friend in Wyoming e-mailed me this AM.

The newspaper article is from 2006 - over 3 1/2 years ago.

Which is why nothing on the NRA or WSSA web site.

Also this is the Bill that many in Wyoming and many outside of Wyoming wrote and called the elected representatives, the NRA, and the WSSAabout - (1) this is a bad bill (2) places many new restrictions upon carry under the current permit system and under the proposed no permit carry system a lot of this termination of the bill was 12th hour / last minute restrictions the NRA was comprising away Wyoming Citizens gun rights with the blind support of the WSSA. The NRA was told by many in and out of Wyoming to stay out of Wyoming business unless invited in.

Was the Representative wrong in his statement - YES. Commie tendency for sure in his words.

This was a VERY BAD BILL that was DEFEATED at the last moment.

The no permit required to carry concealed or open is always a very good idea unless crapola is attached as it was in Wyoming back in "ought six" (2006) 3 1/2 years ago !

Next time I will read closely the dates on the information that AB posts.

3 1/2 years ago ? AB did you just find this on the internet or what ? Are you a newcomer to WY ? If so from where ?

AB

imported post

IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
I just checked the Wyoming Shooting Sports Assoc WYSSA and the National Rifle Association NRA web sites, I did not see anything about this on their web sites ?

Is the Wyoming Shooting Sports Assoc WYSSA and the National Rifle AssociationNRA supporting this Bill for Wyoming Citizens ?

WSSA is just a little brother of the NRA just look at their logo.

From a 2006 newsletter:
...WY Friends of NRA in 2005 granted nearly $150,000 for instate programs...By regulation the moneys raised can not be used for political support...

Proud of that are they, money that theycan't use to affect elections.

The NRA is great at raising money for education and competitions but, while doing so they tend to give the impression that it is used to fight for your rights.

Back in 2006 the NRA and the WSSA supported HB 78 in it's entirety, the bill had a poison pill that would have drastically changed "fourth amendment rights".

Please review the bill on page three, section (b) click here

Thepoint I am trying to make here is, the 2nd 4th and 5th Amendments, all work together and to think that it would be great to lighten up on CC laws only to poison itwith a section that would violate the forth amendment is asinine.

When this bill was drafted the politicians, NRA and WSSA all ignoredthe constitution.

WyGO will only support a constitutional bill withouta search and seizure violation.

Vermont follows constitutional law and thePolicethere don't need it, why should Wyoming.

Be clear here, Zwonitzer wasmentioned only for his comments that treat the constitution like fodder under his feet!

If you remember I have said before,that we shouldn't rush to pass legislation and good intentions alone, can be dangerous.

HB-78 did one thing, itflushed out the enemy on both sides.

Some read the bill and others didn't, but how many haven't read the constitution?

To seethe 2006 NRA legislative update click here

spelling edit 8-16-09 9:26am

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

AB wrote:
IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
Was the Representative wrong in his statement - YES. Commie tendency for sure in his words.
This was the only point of the post, re-election time is coming.
You might put that kind of information in your initial post - the "point of the post".

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

AB wrote:
IDAHO COWBOY wrote:

WSSA is just a little brother of the NRA just look at their logo.

From a 2006 newsletter:
...WY Friends of NRA in 2005 granted nearly $150,000 for instate programs...By regulation the moneys raised can not be used for political support...

Proud of that are they, money that theycan't use to affect elections.

The NRA is great at raising money for education and competitions but, while doing so they tend to give the impression that it is used to fight for your rights.

Back in 2006 the NRA and the WSSA supported HB 78 in it's entirety, the bill had a poison pill that would have drastically changed "fourth amendment rights".

Please review the bill on page three, section (b) click here

Thepoint I am trying to make here is, the 2nd 4th and 5th Amendments, all work together and to think that it would be great to lighten up on CC laws only to poison itwith a section that would violate the forth amendment is asinine.

When this bill was drafted the politicians, NRA and WSSA all ignoredthe constitution.

WyGO will only support a constitutional bill withouta search and seizure violation.

Vermont follows constitutional law and thePolicethere don't need it, why should Wyoming.

Be clear here, Zwonitzer wasmentioned only for his comments that treat the constitution like fodder under his feet!

If you remember I have said before,that we shouldn't rush to pass legislation and good intentions alone, can be dangerous.

HB-78 did one thing, itflushed out the enemy on both sides.

Some read the bill and others didn't, but how many haven't read the constitution?

To seethe 2006 NRA legislative update click here

spelling edit 8-16-09 9:26am

It is good WSSA has ties with the NRA - hopefully the WYGO has ties to with the NRA.

Both WYGO and WSSA should have ties with the NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS, and JPFO plus all the local clubs in WY, and of course WYGO and WSSA should have strong ties with each other - work hand in hand with each other - does not mean you have to agree on everything.

Friends of the NRA is a very good program. Do you really understand the goal of the program and where the money comes from and where the money goes ? Have you ever been to any Friends of the NRA Dinner ?

NRA - ILA is the laws fighting portion of the NRA. Sometimes I agree with them but many many times I do not agree with them. Either way I send them e-mails over the internet and call them on the phone (just like I do GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS, and JPFO then either praise them or bust what they think are their 800 #gorilla mountain oysters into tiny rooster chicken balls.

I know about 2006 HB-78, many of "us" in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montanawho are NRA members contact elected representatives in Cheyenne along with the NRA and told them to stop and kill the bill now and stay out of Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana business unless they were invited to the party. The NRA backed off and the bill did not pass.

When you posted, I thought maybe the People of Wyoming finally re-wrote the 2006 Bill in the proper format and was going to try and pass it - allow no permit conceal carry and the permit as an option.

Spring 2009 Montana under the leadership of Gary Marbut President Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA) and elected Representative Kerns did anoutstandingjob with HB 228 - spelling the open carry portion in plain English, the use of force portion in plain English, etc in the bill - due to some liars on the opposing side about a few topics the eating establishment and no permit concealed carry portions did not pass but will be brought up again in 2011. MT only meets once every two years from JAN to APR.

WY still needs to pass the no permit concealed carry.

WY still needs to pass the church concealed carry (w/o having to ask permission to carry in church).

WY still needs to pass "bar" concealed carry.

WY still needs to pass open and concealed carry in city, county, and state buildings and grounds - like in the state capitol, county courthouse, peace officer offices, etc- where Citizens normally conduct business everyday

WY still needs to work with the NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS, and JPFO to get Congress to allow State law carry in federal buildings where Citizens normally conduct business everyday - Post Office, Social Security, Medicare, Forest Service, BLM, etc -- just like starting in FEB 2010 conceal carry to start in National Parks !

Yes, I am a member of the NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS, and JFPO along 4 different State Associations, and 3 local clubs - IDPA, Friends of the NRA, 3 International/National Firearms Instructor Associations, and VFW.

E-mails and Phone Calls do work, the more the better by many individuals and many by the same individual. Updated and current web sites are very important. Clear text and clear points are very important. Working with other organizations when possible results in a strong position and front.

AB did you just find this 3 1/2 year old article on the internet or what ?

Are you a newcomer to WY ?

If so from where ?

AB

imported post

Looks like you are here to defend the NRA organization.

I have seen the lack of support from the NRA, and they are quick to claim victory even when they had nothing to do with it.

When they are involved, the game is played their way, laws with conditional on non-constitutional values.

The NRA’s rationale is to fashion the chains that bind us. They believe any gun-related legislation must have their fingerprints all over it, even if that legislation is vehemently opposed by their members and is an infringement of our rights. They talk tough to just raise money, but their actions are quite the opposite:

VideoThe NRA dilemma

In South Dakota NRALobbyist holds on to clause that makes you have a permit to have a loaded firearm in your own car, no thanks NRA, thanks to SDGO this didn't happen. http://www.sdgo.org/

I could go on, but what would that do?

You do what you think isbest and I will do will do the same.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

Appears by your reply you have a hard reading and understanding - try again on my words on the NRA and other items.

I trust only twoorganizations and they areIdaho State Rifle and Pistol Associationandthe Montana Shooting Sports Association and for now that only applies as long as Gary Marbut is President as far as MSSA is concerned.

WYGO just seems to whine/bark and WSSA just seems to be silent, both need to study and learn from the Idaho and Montana Associations. There are a lot of great people in WY that get a lot done on their own at the National and State level without any interaction by WYGO and WSSA.

I only have ever and only will ever swear allegiance to one - that is the Constitution of the United States of America which I will defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic.

E-mails and Phone Calls do work, the more the better by many individuals and many by the same individual. Updated and current web sites are very important. Clear text and clear points are very important. Working with other organizations when possible results in a strong position and front.

Have you meet face to face or personal phone calls or personal e-mails with the NRA GOA SAS SAF CCRKBA JPFO WSSA or MT and ID State Associations etc as a representative of WYGO ?

You are Correct below:

In South Dakota NRALobbyist holds on to clause that makes you have a permit to have a loaded firearm in your own car, no thanks NRA, thanks to SDGO this didn't happen. http://www.sdgo.org/

also MT ID TX NC SC GA LA and many others have done the same, but this still does not mean the NRA has done nothing.

What has or is WYGO doing to fix these in WY:

WY still needs to pass the no permit concealed carry.

WY still needs to pass the church concealed carry (w/o having to ask permission to carry in church).

WY still needs to pass "bar" concealed carry.

WY still needs to pass open and concealed carry in city, county, and state buildings and grounds - like in the state capitol, county courthouse, peace officer offices, etc- where Citizens normally conduct business everyday

WY still needs to work with the NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS, and JPFO to get Congress to allow State law carry in federal buildings where Citizens normally conduct business everyday - Post Office, Social Security, Medicare, Forest Service, BLM, etc -- just like starting in FEB 2010 conceal carry to start in National Parks brought to you by the NRA - not perfect by any means!

Questions:

AB did you just find this 3 1/2 year old article on the internet or what ?

Are you a newcomer to WY ?

If so from where ?

Are you a member or even been a member of NRA, GOA, SAF, CCRKBA, SAS or JPFO ?

Friends of the NRA is a very good program. Do you really understand the goal of the program and where the money comes from and where the money goes ? Have you ever been to any Friends of the NRA Dinner ?

The WYGO is only with RMGO ? and no other organization ?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
...Join the Wyoming Gun Owners Association!...

IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
...WYGO just seems to whine/bark...
So should people join WYGO so they can whine/bark more?

What an interesting character you are - posting supposedly sagacious advice in many state forums, and asking question after question of long-termfellow poster, as if God retired and put you in charge. Are youAB'slong lost evil twin, or is it the reverse?

ROFL

I've got the popcorn out for the next episode of this soap opera.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

BB62
State Researcher

As on the last posts you and I had contact, you did not read and understand. Same as you did on this one. Read Top to Bottom, maybe you will understand why the reverse in WYGO.

Nor answer the questions to you ? When and Which you asked the first questions ! :)

Go back and look for yourself.

I'veread many of your other posts, certainly not Pro-2A and more than likely as I have questionedbefore ..... a troll.

IDAHO COWBOY