Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee mayor beat with metal pipe

Post imported post

Milwaukee mayor Barret beat with a metal pipe after leaving state fair.Bet it would not have happen if he would have had a side arm.

Milwaukee NO NEED FOR A GUN ?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
    Milwaukee mayor Barret beat with a metal pipe after leaving state fair.Bet it would not have happen if he would have had a side arm.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/08/...4551250435626/

MILWAUKEE, Aug. 16 (UPI) -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett was hospitalized Sunday with injuries suffered in a beating by a man at the Wisconsin State Fair, police said.

Barrett was attacked Saturday night by a man wielding a metal pipe who was allegedly accosting a woman in the fairground's West Allis, Wis., parking lot, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Authorities said Barrett took out his cell phone when the woman screamed for help and was dialing 911 when the suspect ran toward him and began striking the mayor with the pipe. Barrett was with his family when the attack occurred.

Police were seeking the alleged attacker Sunday, the newspaper said.

The woman in the incident was reportedly uninjured.

Post imported post

32HR MAG wrote:

I thought he has body guards with him 24/7. The mayor didn't need to carry a gun, but now he would like to.

Post imported post

If I witnessed this happen, it would be a tough call if I would intervene at all, If I did not know it was Barrett, I most likely would have intervened. If I knew who it was, It would be a tough decision. I probably would have said something. "boy, with you having a firearm right now it sure would have helped, don't ya think mayor-boy"
    How long do you think it is going to take for the police to get here and stop this attack? can ya hold out that long?"

Post imported post

Pal wrote:
    32HR MAG wrote:

I thought he has body guards with him 24/7. The mayor didn't need to carry a gun, but now he would like to.
    If you need 24/7 body guards .I would think that would tell any inteligent person to arm them self

Post imported post

I would help anyone. The amount of help and type to be determined by all factors

Post imported post

Milwaukees anti-2A mayor beaten with a pipe while trying to intervene with a crime in progress.

Leave your comments to the story here: http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=8799#comments

Hit those comments hard guys! This may make the moyor of Milwaukee understand why all good citizens shall be armed at all times.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just read about it this morning. I would never wish harm on anybody but I hope this makes him think alott more..... Honestly I laughed when I saw it, a person so confident in the need not to protect themselves actually needing to protect themselves. I don't know why someone would do that, I mean the guy is old, and a metal pipe?? lmao But even more reason to carry! Hopefully he gets his head out of his ass and grows a few new brain cells to replace the ones he lost last night.

Post imported post

First of all, I'm sorry it happened and I hope he recovers fully. Second, I have stated in the past that I hope its an anti -gun nut that gets attacked sometime. Let them see what its like to be assaulted with a deadly weapon and basically be unable to defend yourself or your family.
    I'm sure that the criminal was "trying to turn his life around" and if he didn't have such easy access to a metal pipe it wouldn't have happened.
    Those crazy pipes, anybody carrying one should be thrown to the ground and cuffed.

Post imported post

BJA wrote:
    I just read about it this morning. I would never wish harm on anybody but I hope this makes him think alott more..... Honestly I laughed when I saw it, a person so confident in the need not to protect themselves actually needing to protect themselves. I don't know why someone would do that, I mean the guy is old, and a metal pipe?? lmao But even more reason to carry! Hopefully he gets his head out of his ass and grows a few new brain cells to replace the ones he lost last night.
    I like your statement. I just wonder if former governor diamond dylee was with the mayor at the time of the attack.

Post imported post

Pal wrote:
    BJA wrote:
    I like your statement. I just wonder if former governor diamond dylee was with the mayor at the time of the attack.
    I can't believe Chief Flynn didn't come immediatelywhen he saw the beacon in the sky showing hisdefenseless buddywas in trouble.

Post imported post

I hope he does recover well. And recover to his senses is the key.

Many an anti have been converted when being attacked or robbed by a criminal. They finally realize that they are all alone with only their fists.

When was the last time you heard of a criminal waiting until Police are around before assaulting someone. When you are being assaulted, it is a 99% guarantee that there is no cop to aid you in your immediate need.

Let's hit the opinion polls about this on jsonline and other stations and keep talking up open carry. Also mention the fact that one cannot open carry in state fair (all buildings are govn't buildings, liquor license) or can conceal carry either! We are all sitting ducks going to our cars at night!

Post imported post

Sadly, I don't see this as a chance for Milwaukee to move forward in the carry laws, but rather an opportunity to ban metal pipes within 1000 feet of fair grounds.

When pipes are outlawed, only outlaw plumbers with have pipes...

Centurion

Post imported post

I hope that Mayor Barrett follows form and is on TV next week promoting more restrictions on pipes.

I mean if it wasn't for that pipe, he'd be fine right?

The pipe was the issue here no?

How did this guy get the pipe? Where was the pipe used to beat Mayor Barrett purchased?

Who in gods name thought it was a good idea to leave a pipe laying around?

Should we institute a24 hour cooling off period before purchasing a pipe?

Perhaps a ban on carrying any implement longer than 12 inches in lenght isappropriate now that we see the dangers of pipes.

Ban pipe possession for anyone other than a licensed plumber?

Banned

Post imported post

Well, I sincerely hope the man recovers. I wouldn't wish this on anyone and had I been there and armed with my fire arm I surely would have stopped the individual responsible, as we do have the right to protect the life of others as well as our own.

With that I would like to say to Mayer Barrett, I hope you will no come to your senses and now understand why we the people have the right to carry a fire arm.

Had you been carrying a fire arm at the time of this incident, your health and your life would not have been at risk and the criminal would probably be behind bars where he should be.

Please find it in your self to be a big enough man to admit when you are wrong. On this issue you have been wrong. Stop this madness and allow people to openly carry a fire arm to protect themselves.

Learn from your mistakes.

Post imported post

Maybe there can be a pipe carry task force. Stake out Home Depot or Lowe's. Have one officer question the pipe buyer and ask why he needs those pipes. Then if they aren't loaded properly on the truck when he leaves the parking lot, they can surround him as he leaves.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

In the Navy a story about how to teach an <deleted> camel driver how to drive a truck. It involves the forceful application of a brick to tender parts. Whether it works or not I don't know but it seems quite allegorical to a hard head, a pipe and gun grabbing.

Post imported post

Looks like they caught the guy:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/53347442.html
    SNIP

Barrett usually travels with a security detail when attending official events, according to Curley. As with many private affairs, the mayor chose not to have security with him at the Fair Saturday.
    Looks like he had the "it'll never happen to me" mentality. Well, looks like it happened. I hope he recovers fully and realizes that defenseless citizens deal with this all the time and he has a small taste of what we go through with all of the restrictions...

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure he's too dense to learn anything from this, but I can only hope!

Post imported post

When I first heard of this before I read about it I thought the perp was a jealous husband who mistook The Mayor for Chief Flynn. :celebrate

All kidding aside, I hope the Mayor comes out of this OK. Just because he doesnt believe like we do doesnt mean he should get the crap beat out of him. In a place like Milwaukee the mayor should not be without a gun or his body guards. Chief Flynn should insist he have his body guards with him at all times. Just my opinion.

Post imported post

It would be pretty cool if Barrett would change his thinking as a result of the attack upon him. It's certainly a textbook example that illustrates why armed self-defense is a fine idea. So, it could get through his thick skull.

But, likely, ideology will prevent it.

Barrett's much more likely to spin it thus: "If the attacker had had a gun instead of a pipe, I'd be dead. This proves guns must be banned!"

Post imported post

keep hitting the comments section, it is looking good. http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=8799#comments

Anyone wanna bet on when the first Anti self-defensecommenter is going to post some ridiculous drivel filled with about ifthe attacker was armed filled with"would've could've" garbage?

The simple fact is that if we would not have been neutered with the current firearm and self-defense laws. The perpetrator would be in custody.

This incident did not happen in Milwaukee, it happened in West Allis!
    Anyone seeingany irony here yet? "West Allis! Why do you think you need a gun in west Allis?"

I should have added thisin my original post, My best wishes go outto the Mayor of Milwaukee and I wish a speedy recovery with no permanent damage. I am thankful the rest of your family was not injured in this attack too. Please be careful, and be armed whenever it is legal so you have the ability to defend yourself and loved ones against dangerous criminals. Hopefully expanding the places where we can legally defend ourselves against violent criminals isa priorityyour thoughts.

I bet the suspect is filling his shorts with fecal matter right now upon finding out he attacked the mayor of Milwaukee!, and do you think he would have acted differently if he knew the person he attacked was a large political figure? I don't, because many are too stupid and selfish to care about others.

Why no description of the perp?? I notice most non-caucasion suspects are never described in the news reports? Why do you feel it is that way?

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away"
    Be careful when posting that quote. Saying "only" makes it sound like a good thing. so just put "When seconds count, copsare minutes away."
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

I am afraid that if I had been there when the attack started and had recognized the Mayor I would have said "Now ain't that just the *****" and would have strolled on my way.

Post imported post

They dont say that in Ill. They say when you are robbed or raped "call the police and we well take care of it". Another place they want only the police and the criminals to have guns.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast