• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forming Colorado Springs OC Group

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Hey guys,

Figured I'd take the wheel and get together an organized group for OC meet-ups in Colorado Springs. If anyone's interested, I'm forming a list so we have good communication.

PM me your name, cell number, and email address so I can get the ball rolling on this.

Carry on.

albritton77

imported post

Color me a conspiracy theorist....
but doesn't this sound like a very nice back-handed way of collected data for all of us "right wing nut jobs" who open carry?

Maybe I'm being paranoid.....

ZackL

imported post

albritton77, I have met Ian and he's definitely pro-gun and not someone you have to worry about "collecting data". However, I do see your point, if anyone wanted to do something like that I can't see a better way for them to start it off.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Dude you are way too paranoid! I'm the one that got the ball rolling on the Texas Open Carry movement. Here's a link to the petition I started when I used to live there.

http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

I was also the Chairman of the Texas Open Carry Work Group. I've worked very closely with Mike Stollenwerk of OCDO and met with legislatures to try and get our bill introduced. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for the last session, but many people on this board can attest to the fact that I'm an OC advocate.

albritton77

imported post

Being paranoid has kept me alive on more than one occasion.

On the other hand, I'm glad that someone can vouch for you, which would make my paranoia unjustified. (This time...... <grin>)
Take care, stay safe, and happy OCing!

mahkagari

imported post

Ian wrote:
I was also the Chairman of the Texas Open Carry Work Group. I've worked very closely with Mike Stollenwerk of OCDO and met with legislatures to try and get our bill introduced. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for the last session, but many people on this board can attest to the fact that I'm an OC advocate.
Uh-huh. Sounds like perfect cover to me. ;)