• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your favorite pistol to carry ?

astrogiblet

imported post

Well right now I only have one gun, Sig P225 9mm... Eventually I'd like to turn this gun into my CC/OC summer carry, and a Ruger GP100 .357 Mag revolver into my winter carry.

Bronson

imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
a Ruger GP100 .357 Mag revolver into my winter carry.
I have one and I love it. It was the second pistol I ever bought (I sold the first pistol I bought to buy the GP100). It has been 100% reliable and is one of the most accurate guns I own.

Bronson

astrogiblet

imported post

Bronson wrote:
astrogiblet wrote:
a Ruger GP100 .357 Mag revolver into my winter carry.
I have one and I love it. It was the second pistol I ever bought (I sold the first pistol I bought to buy the GP100). It has been 100% reliable and is one of the most accurate guns I own.

Bronson

I had one as well. It was my second pistol. 6" Stainless Steel barrel, full underlug, Rosewood handle inserts.. I loved that gun. I still greatly regret getting rid of it.

Bronson

imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
I still greatly regret getting rid of it.

I've sold two guns in my life and I don't plan on selling anymore. The first one was a Ruger .45 auto when they had just come out. I couldn't hit the earth with that thing if I dropped it, no regrets in selling it. The second was a .40 Browning Hi Power. I still kick myself for selling that gun.

Bronson

office888

imported post

5" 1911A1.

/thread

Haha, further info:

Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI
230gr FMJ Remington
Blackhawk Serpa lvl.II
Fobus Mag Carrier
Chip-McCormick 8rd mags

-Richard-

gr8prohunter

imported post

Eryk wrote:
I heard they were having problems with the LCP, good size for summer carry but was told not that accurate and a good kick to it. Have you found that to be true at all ?
I have only put about 100 rounds through mine due to the shortage of .380 ammo. For a very small handgun I can get close to 3 inch groups at 10yards. Thats not rapid firing.

I bought the LCP for summer carry, Fits in any pocket with no problem.

LaVere

imported post

3830170560_1c19790d76.jpg

I carry about 80 % the Kahr K-40 all Stainless Steel. .40SW

It is heavy but I am use to it. I always have a spare magazine on me an two extras in the car. As far as the ammo it changes on a whim. While today it is Hornady HP with the black case. Next month it could be Gold dot. As you can tell by the ware on the holster it is carried alot. A new holster was ordered last week and should be here anyday.

It always goes bang and I can use it as a hammer if need be. It is just a pleasure to own this gun.

My other carry is a Sig P-229 in .40SW.

PDinDetroit

imported post

gr8prohunter wrote:
Eryk wrote:
I heard they were having problems with the LCP, good size for summer carry but was told not that accurate and a good kick to it. Have you found that to be true at all ?
I have only put about 100 rounds through mine due to the shortage of .380 ammo. For a very small handgun I can get close to 3 inch groups at 10yards. Thats not rapid firing.

I bought the LCP for summer carry, Fits in any pocket with no problem.
I have been seeing .380 show up at the Madison Heights Dunhams in the Bulk Packs.

Smoothsounds21

imported post

For OC my 9mm Walther P99, which I have put around 5,500 rounds through. and 10,000 rounds through the same gun but in airsoft. For CC my Beretta Tomcat .32, or my newest Glock 27 .40 cal.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Smoothsounds21 wrote:
For OC my 9mm Walther P99, which I have put around 5,500 rounds through. and 10,000 rounds through the same gun but in airsoft. For CC my Beretta Tomcat .32, or my newest Glock 27 .40 cal.

So... you DID end up getting the Glock. Was it the one you talked about when I ran into you at the gunshow?

I REALLY like that NAA .22 MAG revolver you have, too. I've decided to wait until I get back to work in September, then I'm going to have to get one of those.

Smoothsounds21

imported post

Eryk wrote:
I was looking at that Glock 27 as a possible addition. How do you like yours ?
Love it. For me the baby glocks are the wat to go. If I want a glock 23 I just put my 23 mag in it and it is a 23. And if I want a Glock 22 then I put my 22 mag in it, and it is so. It is a very versitle pistol. I love it. I just got it but I had the same one in a Glock 39 45GAP before and loved it. Till it was stolen from me. :X

Smoothsounds21

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Smoothsounds21 wrote:

So... you DID end up getting the Glock. Was it the one you talked about when I ran into you at the gunshow?

I REALLY like that NAA .22 MAG revolver you have, too. I've decided to wait until I get back to work in September, then I'm going to have to get one of those.
Yeah it was the same one from the gun show. Glock 27. I just ordered it here in town from a guy I know. You wont regret getting the NAA Mini. I'm still looking for another but in 17HMR. They make them but they are really hard to find. Really hard.

hopnpop

imported post

Say what you will but I have been 100% happy with my Taurus PT140 Pro. It's my primary carry with an extra 10-rd mag. I often carry my Taurus 851 CIA .38 Spl as a back-up.

SDC10486.jpg

Thinking my next will be an XD40 or Glock 23. Only thing is, and feel free to add your thoughts, I was thinking I'd like the 23C or having the XD40 ported. But also, would like to go with night sights. Got to thinking, tho, in a low-light situation where night sights would be beneficial, would the flash from the porting more/less make the night sights useless? Trying to find a Glock 23C with night sights -it's a difficult combination to come by and it occurred to me that this might be the reasoning for that. Any thoughts?
SDC10482.jpg

Bronson

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
I use Corbon.
The Corbon DPX is great stuff. After everything I've read about it and my own back yard testing I've switched over to DPX in everything I carry (except the .32 but only because they don't make DPX in .32).

Bronson

MitchN60

imported post

For Duty carry I'm limited to my S&W M&P.40. I also carry it sometimes, but I usually carry my M&P.45. I used to carry my S&W Airweight as a B.U.G., butI've taken toleaving it at my girlfriends' placesince her son moved to his own home.