Thread: U.P. OC opportunity

Post imported post

Here's a good OC event for us Yoopers, or any Trolls traveling through the U.P.

I saw a flyer by "Concerned Citizens of the Upper Peninsula"
    They are holding a Labor Day Liberty Rally on 9/7/09 begining at noon in front of the Scott Building in Hancock. There will be a march over to the Veterans Park in Houghton.

According to the flyer, there will be music, food, and guest speakers. Issues discussed will be the Health Care bill, Cap and Trade, Hate Crimes bills, and FIREARMS LEGISLATION, among others.

It also says "Bring your signs".

Contact info on the flyer is:
    email: c.c.u.p@hotmail.com
    phone: Mary @ 906-231-7305

Not sure if I can personally attend, but wanted to pass the info along.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Yooper wrote:
    Here's a good OC event for us Yoopers, or any Trolls traveling through the U.P.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like fun, anyone else interested?

Post imported post

I'd love to make a trek up there. Been dying to climb to the top ofMt. Bohemia and see that area, but I can't make the trip.

Post imported post

If you open carry in the UP and no one isthere to see is it still open carry?

Think, If a tree falls in the woods........... :quirky
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Wife wants to do a "garage sale" that weekend so I'll likely not be there. .springerdave.

Post imported post

Isn't this UP place in Canada?? I've heard those Canadian Firearm Laws are brutal.... oops, looked at my canadian map and there is no UP... maybe this UP place is in Wisconsin... I hear you can only OC there and transport is a bummer. I'll call my friend in Cheeseland and see if he wants to go...

Dang... just got off the phone w/ my friend... he's pretty sure this UP place is not in Wisconsin... just where the !@#$
    is this place??
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    Dang... just got off the phone w/ my friend... he's pretty sure this UP place is not in Wisconsin... just where the !@#$
    is this place??
    It's as close to heaven as you can get on earth.

Post imported post

Just having some fun...

Actually spent a few years around Menominee and a few months in Escanaba. I really do like it there. I wish it were closer, though, as I really would like to go up for the holiday weekend, "go store", eat some "bakery", "make wood", and of course, OC. Sounds like fun, eh?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    Isn't this UP place in Canada?? I've heard those Canadian Firearm Laws are brutal.... oops, looked at my canadian map and there is no UP... maybe this UP place is in Wisconsin... I hear you can only OC there and transport is a bummer. I'll call my friend in Cheeseland and see if he wants to go...

is this place??
    It's located between the U.S. and Canada
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

ttt
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    It's as close to heaven as you can get on earth.
    I don't know about that, but it's pretty close...

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Hancock, Michigan: MAP

Post imported post

Can't make it...stuck working..
    Rand Paul 2016