• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.P. OC opportunity

Yooper

imported post

Here's a good OC event for us Yoopers, or any Trolls:D traveling through the U.P.

I saw a flyer by "Concerned Citizens of the Upper Peninsula"
They are holding a Labor Day Liberty Rally on 9/7/09 begining at noon in front of the Scott Building in Hancock. There will be a march over to the Veterans Park in Houghton.

According to the flyer, there will be music, food, and guest speakers. Issues discussed will be the Health Care bill, Cap and Trade, Hate Crimes bills, and FIREARMS LEGISLATION, among others.

It also says "Bring your signs".

Contact info on the flyer is:
email: c.c.u.p@hotmail.com
phone: Mary @ 906-231-7305

Not sure if I can personally attend, but wanted to pass the info along.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Isn't this UP place in Canada?? I've heard those Canadian Firearm Laws are brutal.... oops, looked at my canadian map and there is no UP... maybe this UP place is in Wisconsin... I hear you can only OC there and transport is a bummer. I'll call my friend in Cheeseland and see if he wants to go...

Dang... just got off the phone w/ my friend... he's pretty sure this UP place is not in Wisconsin... just where the !@#$
is this place?? ;)

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Just having some fun...;)

Actually spent a few years around Menominee and a few months in Escanaba. I really do like it there. I wish it were closer, though, as I really would like to go up for the holiday weekend, "go store", eat some "bakery", "make wood", and of course, OC. Sounds like fun, eh?

Yooper

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Isn't this UP place in Canada?? I've heard those Canadian Firearm Laws are brutal.... oops, looked at my canadian map and there is no UP... maybe this UP place is in Wisconsin... I hear you can only OC there and transport is a bummer. I'll call my friend in Cheeseland and see if he wants to go...

Dang... just got off the phone w/ my friend... he's pretty sure this UP place is not in Wisconsin... just where the !@#$
is this place?? ;)

It's located between the U.S. and Canada

Michigander

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
It's as close to heaven as you can get on earth.

I don't know about that, but it's pretty close...:cool:

LakeoftheClouds_165054_7.jpg