• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you do for a living?

malignity

imported post

Simple enough question, since we've been talking about what we like to do in our spare time; What do you do for a living?

I work currently midnights (and I'm about to go to work as we speak) as a Mental Health Therapist at one of Macomb county's finest psychiatric wards. 85 bed facility of some of our worst. Many of the people we get are straight from prison, or are involuntarily committed, so we have to do a lot of diffusion of bad situations, psychiatric assessments, restraints, and self-defense. It doesn't pay much, but it's one of the more interesting jobs I've had. :)

T Vance

imported post

Just quit my job a few weeks ago, I know, who quits their job in Michigan at a time like this???!!! I was a Maintenance Supervisor for an apartment complex. I am now going to school full time to finish up getting my degree so I can start my career as a special education teacher.