• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

About the Warren Picnic

astrogiblet

imported post

So the Warren picnic has been talked about a lot recently due to the huge police presence. I know we talked about it several different times during the Macomb OC picnic. I was wondering if anybody had gotten any pictures from that event? Also, somebody mentioned that somebody had gotten figures on how much it cost to have all those policemen out there?

Just looking for some more information on what sounds like was our most exciting picnic ever, heh!

malignity

imported post

I vote we have another picnic so we can take pictures. No, I'm not biased because I couldn't make it dispite being a warren resident and having to work that weekend or anything... har har.

FatboyCykes

imported post

I'm all for it. Was actually toying with the idea of having one right there at city hall. Where they have the fountain for the kiddies. They have a pavilion w/restrooms if I remember correctly and the police station you could almost throw a stone and hit it from there.

800px-Warrencenter.JPG

mikestilly

imported post

Might I suggest the event for Sept 11th this year. Keith Anderson will be performing. Right there at the Warren Civic Center outside. We're at the civic center all the time. It's a great place to hang out and the police station is right in there. :celebrate

Mike

astrogiblet

imported post

I would come to the Warren picnic..

I really really am not sure I'd be carrying though if the police presence is that big again.. Without a CPL, theres so many things they could possibly target me with just when I'm grabbing my gun out of the trunk and putting it back in... Brandishing cause I held the gun too high, or any number of things..

If I was more financially secure and I was able to take the next few years to defend myself in court, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but as of right now I'm not sure I'd be willing to take the risk..

Also, we could have the picnic on Sep 12th.. that'll be my 21st birthday! :D

malignity

imported post

I would be completely down for the 5th or 6th, as I work every other weekend, and believe it or not, every single OC rally thus far has been on the weekend I work... except this one if we have it that day! :lol:

mikestilly

imported post

I don't care if a million cops from all around the country come more the better. Just remember just because you have your CPL doesn't mean a reckless cop cant still violate your civil rights. Once you carry a pistol it gives them just another item to be able to take advantage of you if they wanted. Good thing for audio/video recorders.

As for brandishing getting your pistol and putting it in your holster would not come close to what brandishing. That is unless putting your pistol in the holster requires you to wave it around pointing it in the direction of people.

To wave or flourish menacingly, as a weapon. 2. To display ostentatiously. –n. A menacing or defiant wave or flourish." This definition comports with the meaning ascribed to this term by courts of other jurisdictions. For example, in United States v Moerman, 233 F3d 379, 380 (CA 6, 2000), the court recognized that in federal sentencing guidelines, "brandishing" a weapon is defined to mean "that the weapon was pointed or waved about, or displayed in a threatening manner."
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1j424-brandishing-firearm#ixzz0OThndGWZ

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
So the Warren picnic has been talked about a lot recently due to the huge police presence. I know we talked about it several different times during the Macomb OC picnic. I was wondering if anybody had gotten any pictures from that event? Also, somebody mentioned that somebody had gotten figures on how much it cost to have all those policemen out there?

Just looking for some more information on what sounds like was our most exciting picnic ever, heh!
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13510-14.html

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"Page 15 of 17 on the event.

astrogiblet

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
I don't care if a million cops from all around the country come more the better. Just remember just because you have your CPL doesn't mean a reckless cop cant still violate your civil rights. Once you carry a pistol it gives them just another item to be able to take advantage of you if they wanted. Good thing for audio/video recorders.

As for brandishing getting your pistol and putting it in your holster would not come close to what brandishing. That is unless putting your pistol in the holster requires you to wave it around pointing it in the direction of people.

To wave or flourish menacingly, as a weapon. 2. To display ostentatiously. –n. A menacing or defiant wave or flourish." This definition comports with the meaning ascribed to this term by courts of other jurisdictions. For example, in United States v Moerman, 233 F3d 379, 380 (CA 6, 2000), the court recognized that in federal sentencing guidelines, "brandishing" a weapon is defined to mean "that the weapon was pointed or waved about, or displayed in a threatening manner."
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1j424-brandishing-firearm#ixzz0OThndGWZ
I knew I was going to get shit for that post. All I'm saying is if the police are that hostile that they need to have a dozen units there to watch our every move.. I just don't like it..

At least with a CPL you have added protections and rights.. but as Doug was saying at the Macomb picnic, if you even hold your gun too low in your trunk and you don't have a CPL you could get a ticket for transporting a weapon illegally.. I can't afford to take that chance.

T Vance

imported post

astrogiblet wrote:
if you even hold your gun too low in your trunk and you don't have a CPL you could get a ticket for transporting a weapon illegally.. I can't afford to take that chance.
Unless you are laying in the trunk with the gun (without a CPL), I don't see how you a ticket for transporting a weapon illegally. The trunk is probably the best place to keep a firearm if you don't have your CPL when transporting it.