Thread: Silver Diner in Springfield

Post imported post

Here's a site plan I found on Vornado's website (the people who own Springfield Mall, Tysons, and Manassas Mall (all with anti-gun policies).

http://retail.vno.com/SitemapZoom.as...pringfieldmall

Notice on the map it shows the Silver Diner as it does any of the other "Mall" stores, while other stand-alone buildings are labeled "Owned By Others".

I'd take it to mean that the Silver Diner is actually on property owned by the Mall?

I know others have OC'd at that Silver Diner location without any issues and I don't want to create any (...so I'm not responsible if someone else screws it up )

Post imported post

Are the mall rules posted on the door at SD? Does SD have a "no firearms" sticker on the door? If not, carry away and don't make a big deal about it. If they have a problem they will ask you to leave, and I would politely do so.

Post imported post

There are no signs....like NS said...don't make a big deal of it and usually no-one even notices..

I've OCed there many many times without a second look...

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

You can always look at the VCDL policy on the gun owner unfriendly page:

We have a "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL POLICY." NEVER ask if it is OK or for permission to carry anywhere. Don't make an issue of the fact you are carrying. Don't cause problems for future patrons, or even for yourself. The point is, you want to have your defensive tool with you. No one needs to know. Don't make a big deal out of it. Try to be low key. KNOW THE LAW IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARRY OPENLY. PLEASE, don't cause problems that you will then expect others, or us to correct. Thank you.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SD at Springfield Mall actually sits on Mall property - a piece of their parking lot - so that may be what they mean. I've carried in LOTS of Silver Diners, though, with no issues.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

If it's like the Silver Diner here in Richmond, OC is the only option currently available, as they serve booze. (Lobby Day reminder!)

I scouted the location for a possible OC dinner and had a great conversation with the Manager. No problems with me OCing - he noticed but had no negative reaction - and was interested in a large party but just could not see rearranging the tables to get us all together.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I've OC'd at the FairOaks SD many times with no issues; even had some of FCPD's finest in there once and no issues.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Are the mall rules posted on the door at SD? Does SD have a "no firearms" sticker on the door? If not, carry away and don't make a big deal about it. If they have a problem they will ask you to leave, and I would politely do so.
    That's my view as well. I've never been there, but like I said I know a few members who have with no problems. I'm not going to bring it up if I ever go there, I do know they're not posted though.

Post imported post

I've OC'd there numerous times without issue.

Post imported post

The last time I was in the SD outside the Springfield Mall, they had wine on the menu.

OC is required to stay within the law.

I've OC there often. There has even been a few times I was taking a friend home after the range and I was dual carrying.

Post imported post

Hubby and I have bothOC'd at that SD and not had any problems. Don't even think they noticed.