• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silver Diner in Springfield

nova

imported post

Here's a site plan I found on Vornado's website (the people who own Springfield Mall, Tysons, and Manassas Mall (all with anti-gun policies).

http://retail.vno.com/SitemapZoom.aspx?id=Springfieldmall

Notice on the map it shows the Silver Diner as it does any of the other "Mall" stores, while other stand-alone buildings are labeled "Owned By Others".

I'd take it to mean that the Silver Diner is actually on property owned by the Mall?

I know others have OC'd at that Silver Diner location without any issues and I don't want to create any (...so I'm not responsible if someone else screws it up :) )

IanB

imported post

Are the mall rules posted on the door at SD? Does SD have a "no firearms" sticker on the door? If not, carry away and don't make a big deal about it. If they have a problem they will ask you to leave, and I would politely do so.

razor_baghdad

imported post

There are no signs....like NS said...don't make a big deal of it and usually no-one even notices..

I've OCed there many many times without a second look...

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

You can always look at the VCDL policy on the gun owner unfriendly page:

We have a "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL POLICY." NEVER ask if it is OK or for permission to carry anywhere. Don't make an issue of the fact you are carrying. Don't cause problems for future patrons, or even for yourself. The point is, you want to have your defensive tool with you. No one needs to know. Don't make a big deal out of it. Try to be low key. KNOW THE LAW IF YOU ARE GOING TO CARRY OPENLY. PLEASE, don't cause problems that you will then expect others, or us to correct. Thank you.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SD at Springfield Mall actually sits on Mall property - a piece of their parking lot - so that may be what they mean. I've carried in LOTS of Silver Diners, though, with no issues.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If it's like the Silver Diner here in Richmond, OC is the only option currently available, as they serve booze. (Lobby Day reminder!)

I scouted the location for a possible OC dinner and had a great conversation with the Manager. No problems with me OCing - he noticed but had no negative reaction - and was interested in a large party but just could not see rearranging the tables to get us all together.:(

stay safe.

skidmark

jadedone4

imported post

I've OC'd at the FairOaks SD many times with no issues; even had some of FCPD's finest in there once and no issues.

nova

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Are the mall rules posted on the door at SD? Does SD have a "no firearms" sticker on the door? If not, carry away and don't make a big deal about it. If they have a problem they will ask you to leave, and I would politely do so.
That's my view as well. I've never been there, but like I said I know a few members who have with no problems. I'm not going to bring it up if I ever go there, I do know they're not posted though.

possumboy

imported post

The last time I was in the SD outside the Springfield Mall, they had wine on the menu.

OC is required to stay within the law.

I've OC there often. There has even been a few times I was taking a friend home after the range and I was dual carrying.