Thread: Saw horse riding cop in Seattle with a revolver

Post imported post

I meant to post this a while ago. A few weeks ago I was in Seattle, and I saw a Seattle Police Officer riding a horse, carrying a revolver. I'm rarely in Seattle, and this was both the first time I've ever seen an officer on duty riding a horse, and the first time I've ever seen an officer carry a revolver for a sidearm.

I've heard that officers have to be able to fire off 12 rounds accurately at a target in a given amount of time, which would explain why most of them carry Semi autos, but I can't say I've ever seen an officer carry a revolver. Seeing him on a horse with a revolver made me think I was back in the 30's in some old cowboy town (minus the large buildings)

Banned

Post imported post

i think only thegrandfathered ones get to use revolvers

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yeah I think so too. I saw a cop in Seattle a few years back with a wheelgun, and I complimented him on his choice, and we chatted for a bit.

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    Unless he was still able to get off 12 shots in the time allowed, with his revolver.

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Unless he was still able to get off 12 shots in the time allowed, with his revolver.
    Taurus & Smith & Wesson make .357's in 7 & 8 shot capacity

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    Taurus & Smith & Wesson make .357's in 7 & 8 shot capacity
    With 12 shots, you only need a 6-shooter and a speedloader, no?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

OK, I'll bite.

Since when do horses ride cops? I won't ask about the revolver. We already know it was a horse pistol.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    OK, I'll bite.

Since when do horses ride cops? I won't ask about the revolver. We already know it was a horse pistol.
    We leave that stuff up to Enumclaw, folks.

http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4158101.html
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    OK, I'll bite.

We leave that stuff up to Enumclaw, folks.

http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4158101.html
    Trying to be a pain in the "Yahoo" or somethin ???

lol - Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.