Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC seen at Obama health care event

Post imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...ama-scene.html

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Banned

Post imported post

Holy crap I want one of those.

Post imported post

:shock: I can see the hoplophobic racists now... "A black guy with a gun, omg run. He is going to mug us all."

Seriously though, he's is a stand up fellow for exhibiting his rights. I applaud him and only wish more people would show others there are more law abiding citizens do carry than others may believe.

I can't say much about his holster, I only like holsters which have multiple levels of retention.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

I plan on OCing at the Tea Party Protest at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' office on the 22nd. I will be exercising my first and second amendment rights. The first to be heard, the second to remind the powers that be why the honoring the first is in their best interest.

NOTE: I'm not advocating armed insurrection, nor am I planning it in any way shape or form, all I'm stating is a truth that is often quoted on 2A boards, the second is there in case the others fall.

Post imported post

I also wanted to say....

African carry > American carry

As you can see his secondary weapon is located on the left side, he is left handed. The primary weapon is slung over the weak arm.

The problem with American carry, the primary weapon always knocks upon the secondary weapon when OCing.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Guy with multiple guns at a healthcare rally? He is obviously a racist....

...oh wait, he's what?

I would love to see Matthews try to "interview" this guy like he did Kostric. Can you imagine someone in the media treating this guy the same way they vilified the white boy from New Hampshire?

Bravo friend! Carry on.

Post imported post

If I knew this guy, he'd be getting a gift certificate to Brownell's from me.
    Great day for America!

+1 on African carry, btw. It's easier to get the rifle into your primary hand properly.

Post imported post

This article says there were about a dozen people OCing.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.

Arizona is an "open-carry" state, which means anyone legally allowed to have a firearm can carry it in public as long as it's visible. A permit is required if the weapon is carried concealed.

Post imported post

awesome......

Post imported post

KBCraig wrote:
    BALLS. Big ones at that.

Post imported post

I wonder if the freedom's phoenix guys had something to do with it?

<3 those guys. Even if they are a little too republican and not quite libertarian enough for my tastes.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

...someones got to look this guy up and invite him to this site....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

The liberals are freaked out. CNN can't figure out how to "spin" this -- because the guy was black. According to the one reporter, there was also another (evidently non-black) individual carrying an AR-15 at this event as well.

If I had been able to be there, I would have been right next to them.

Banned

Post imported post

needs the 3x fts magnifier and a foregrip. but was cool he was all dressed up and looking nice. I can't say I have ever seen a Black american OC

Post imported post

I love it!!!

Unfortunately my state (NC) makes carrying a gun at a protest a crime...

Post imported post

Here is a video from Dobbs,SAF Alan Gottlieb isn't OC friendly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcfWnsQyAPA

Post imported post

actually when I moved to phoenix the first person I ever seen OCing was a black man. he explained the whole OC thing to me. good guy. I would just like to see more people OC what ever color they are

Post imported post

Paul(President of the Brady Campaign): "I'm not anti-gun"

I can't stop laughing!

Damn, Dobbs couldn't help himself and included his opinion, damn. Hook, line, and sinker.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That guy is awesome. I tried to OC to my congressional town hall meeting tonight, but the sheriff issued an order prohibiting it inside the forum.

Post imported post

AB wrote:
    Here is a video from Dobbs,SAF Alan Gottlieb isn't OC friendly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcfWnsQyAPA
    We are years away from fully securing the 2nd A. Right in the courts. Alan supports OC, he doesn't think it was a "wise" venue at this time. It made national news. And the only person who's opinion I care about is Justice Kennedy's. He is the "swing vote" andlikely onthe fence to some degree on some 2nd A. issues. We got him in Heller. Son of Heller? We'll see. He was likely the reason we got the machine gun dicta in Heller. Want negative dicta for EBRs or otherOC(loaded) rifles? I don't.

Keep it simple, stay with holstered pistols for immediateself defense. Carry the AR in a bag (for now) for your other lawful purposes.

Post imported post

I was going to comment on the legality of what your Sherriff did, then I noticed your location...

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    We are years away from fully securing the 2nd A. Right in the courts. Alan supports OC, he doesn't think it was a "wise" venue at this time. It made national news. And the only person who's opinion I care about is Justice Kennedy's. He is the "swing vote" andlikely onthe fence to some degree on some 2nd A. issues. We got him in Heller. Son of Heller? We'll see. He was likely the reason we got the machine gun dicta in Heller. Want negative dicta for EBRs or otherOC(loaded) rifles? I don't.

Keep it simple, stay with holstered pistols for immediateself defense. Carry the AR in a bag (for now) for your other lawful purposes.
    This man OCing is demonstrating that he a sovereign-citizen, if your going to get the push-back anyway, would you rather wait another few years, because of the negative BS.

Do you think Washington is ever going to get it right?

Do you think the SCOTUS is ever going to get it right?

Hell no, especially if there are individuals that are afraid to exercise true sovereign-citizenship.

Any gun rights activist that would go on national TV and say what he did is weak and gave Brady ammunition to be used against the cause.

Alan Gottlieb's statements glorified asking the government for the permission to carry, that's BS.

Post imported post

". . . he who fights beside me today is my brother."
    Shakespeare, Henry V

Post imported post

That is pretty cool and the ball is rolling. When Obama decides to really take our rights away, there may just be 1,000 Americans all gathered around armed and then whoever might try to enforce his policies might have a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast