• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC seen at Obama health care event

KBCraig

imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

PHP4A897DB84A39C.jpg

david.ross

imported post

:shock: I can see the hoplophobic racists now... "A black guy with a gun, omg run. He is going to mug us all."

Seriously though, he's is a stand up fellow for exhibiting his rights. I applaud him and only wish more people would show others there are more law abiding citizens do carry than others may believe.

I can't say much about his holster, I only like holsters which have multiple levels of retention.

Dahwg

imported post

I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

I plan on OCing at the Tea Party Protest at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' office on the 22nd. I will be exercising my first and second amendment rights. The first to be heard, the second to remind the powers that be why the honoring the first is in their best interest.

NOTE: I'm not advocating armed insurrection, nor am I planning it in any way shape or form, all I'm stating is a truth that is often quoted on 2A boards, the second is there in case the others fall.

david.ross

imported post

I also wanted to say....

African carry > American carry

As you can see his secondary weapon is located on the left side, he is left handed. The primary weapon is slung over the weak arm.

The problem with American carry, the primary weapon always knocks upon the secondary weapon when OCing.

ScottyT

imported post

Guy with multiple guns at a healthcare rally? He is obviously a racist....

...oh wait, he's what?

I would love to see Matthews try to "interview" this guy like he did Kostric. Can you imagine someone in the media treating this guy the same way they vilified the white boy from New Hampshire?

Bravo friend! Carry on.

ufcfanvt

imported post

If I knew this guy, he'd be getting a gift certificate to Brownell's from me.
Great day for America!

+1 on African carry, btw. It's easier to get the rifle into your primary hand properly.

KBCraig

imported post

This article says there were about a dozen people OCing.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9A4SU8G1&show_article=1

Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.

Arizona is an "open-carry" state, which means anyone legally allowed to have a firearm can carry it in public as long as it's visible. A permit is required if the weapon is carried concealed.

grishnav

imported post

I wonder if the freedom's phoenix guys had something to do with it?

<3 those guys. Even if they are a little too republican and not quite libertarian enough for my tastes.

imported post

The liberals are freaked out. CNN can't figure out how to "spin" this -- because the guy was black. According to the one reporter, there was also another (evidently non-black) individual carrying an AR-15 at this event as well.

If I had been able to be there, I would have been right next to them.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

needs the 3x fts magnifier and a foregrip. but was cool he was all dressed up and looking nice. I can't say I have ever seen a Black american OC

mekender

imported post

I love it!!!

Unfortunately my state (NC) makes carrying a gun at a protest a crime...

zx-twitch

imported post

actually when I moved to phoenix the first person I ever seen OCing was a black man. he explained the whole OC thing to me. good guy. I would just like to see more people OC what ever color they are

david.ross

imported post

Paul(President of the Brady Campaign): "I'm not anti-gun"

I can't stop laughing! :lol:

Damn, Dobbs couldn't help himself and included his opinion, damn. Hook, line, and sinker.