• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC seen at Obama health care event

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That guy is awesome. I tried to OC to my congressional town hall meeting tonight, but the sheriff issued an order prohibiting it inside the forum.

cato

imported post

AB wrote:
Here is a video from Dobbs,SAF Alan Gottlieb isn't OC friendly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcfWnsQyAPA

We are years away from fully securing the 2nd A. Right in the courts. Alan supports OC, he doesn't think it was a "wise" venue at this time. It made national news. And the only person who's opinion I care about is Justice Kennedy's. He is the "swing vote" andlikely onthe fence to some degree on some 2nd A. issues. We got him in Heller. Son of Heller? We'll see. He was likely the reason we got the machine gun dicta in Heller. Want negative dicta for EBRs or otherOC(loaded) rifles? I don't.

Keep it simple, stay with holstered pistols for immediateself defense. Carry the AR in a bag (for now) for your other lawful purposes.

AB

imported post

cato wrote:
We are years away from fully securing the 2nd A. Right in the courts. Alan supports OC, he doesn't think it was a "wise" venue at this time. It made national news. And the only person who's opinion I care about is Justice Kennedy's. He is the "swing vote" andlikely onthe fence to some degree on some 2nd A. issues. We got him in Heller. Son of Heller? We'll see. He was likely the reason we got the machine gun dicta in Heller. Want negative dicta for EBRs or otherOC(loaded) rifles? I don't.

Keep it simple, stay with holstered pistols for immediateself defense. Carry the AR in a bag (for now) for your other lawful purposes.

This man OCing is demonstrating that he a sovereign-citizen, if your going to get the push-back anyway, would you rather wait another few years, because of the negative BS.

Do you think Washington is ever going to get it right?

Do you think the SCOTUS is ever going to get it right?

Hell no, especially if there are individuals that are afraid to exercise true sovereign-citizenship.

Any gun rights activist that would go on national TV and say what he did is weak and gave Brady ammunition to be used against the cause.

Alan Gottlieb's statements glorified asking the government for the permission to carry, that's BS.

old dog

imported post

". . . he who fights beside me today is my brother."
Shakespeare, Henry V

protector84

imported post

That is pretty cool and the ball is rolling. When Obama decides to really take our rights away, there may just be 1,000 Americans all gathered around armed and then whoever might try to enforce his policies might have a problem.

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

man, you AZ guys are taking a page out of our Play Book. i owe this man a beer.

this is myself (holding the flag pole with the PA 1st Militia Reg. flag and Gadsden Flag) and one other at the July 4th TEA Party at Bushy Run Battlefield, over 2;500 people in attendance:

100_1715.jpg

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

centsi wrote:
That guy is awesome.  I tried to OC to my congressional town hall meeting tonight, but the sheriff issued an order prohibiting it inside the forum.

Ha, what a frakking idiot. Taking on the entire liability for a riot, probably without putting all entrants through working metal detectors, and having deputies with riot gear spaced around the perimeter and at all doors.

AB

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Ha, what a frakking idiot. Taking on the entire liability for a riot, probably without putting all entrants through working metal detectors, and having deputies with riot gear spaced around the perimeter and at all doors.
California has no right to bear arms amendment in the state constitution, guess that why you like it there.

KBCraig

imported post

centsi wrote:
That guy is awesome. I tried to OC to my congressional town hall meeting tonight, but the sheriff issued an order prohibiting it inside the forum.
Does your sheriff have any statutory authority for his tyranny, or does he just arrogate it without benefit of law?

david.ross

imported post

Absolutely fantastic video. Gave a side of the guy's view which wasn't asked by the media. He gave very precise and well rounded answers. I can say even though I'm not black, people where I used to live in Tennessee would treat me harsh as well. I'm not trying to sound racist, but it's about damn time our fellow african american open carriers received some air time. Open carry is not all "white rednecks" as many would stereotype.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

AB wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
California has no right to bear arms amendment in the state constitution, guess that why you like it there.

Hm?

If a tyrannical government wants to take away our right to self-defense (in general, or more specifically at a gov-secured building), it had better put 110% of that back in ensuring our absolute safety. Except they continuously claim they aren't liable for crimes aided and abetted by their victim disarmament. In effect, their message to all law-abiding citizens is: die.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
centsi wrote:
Does your sheriff have any statutory authority for his tyranny, or does he just arrogate it without benefit of law?
CRS 29-11.7104

A local government may enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction. If a local government enacts an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area, the local government shall post signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area informing persons that the open carrying of firearms is prohibited in the building or specific area.

My only question about this was that the sign said "By order of the sheriff...". I'm not sure if that fits the definition of "enact". To "enact" is to make into law and I thought only a legislative body could make laws (ie the county commission), not an executive.

Pace

imported post

Don't forget the average person isn't necessarily anti-gun, neither are the reporters, but they come from places where having a gun is sooo forbidden. I spent 17 years in NYC, worked in law enforcement, and the only people carrying guns were cops!

Anyway, "assault rifle" can someone get it right please?