• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just bought my first pistol

lapeer20m

imported post

I just bought my very first pistal. It's a TISAS Zigana K. I think it's somewhat modeled after a walther P88 compact. I read some reviews online, and it sounds like a well made gun. It's made in turkey, and used by some turkish military and security forces from what i've read.

000_2639.jpg

Now i need to get my CPL, and a couple of nice holsters.

I'll try to come to an open carry event soon so i can meet a few of you guys

--jason

ghostrider

imported post

Congratulations. Never heard of them, but it doesn't look all that bad. I hope it turns out to be a fine pistol and give you great service. Make sure to treat it properly by putting profuse amounts of ammo down the bore.

As a suggestion on a holster, You might check out NTAC. He is usually at Gibraltar on weekends, and makes a nice holster at a decent price.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Hey, that's great. :celebrate

Make sure it's reliable for you.

And give us a range report after you shoot it up.

malignity

imported post

Looks nice, hopefully it functions just as nice. I think I speak for most when I say that I've never heard of the company, however, just because we haven't heard of it, doesn't mean that it's not a great functioning gun. If they're newer, or have most of their client base in europe, this wouldn't be too uncommon I imagine, but everyone has to start somewhere :)

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

The company has only been around since 1993. I emailed a friend in Germany when I first read this and he just e-mailed back. He works for a security company and says that they are very popular among his employees and are quality firearms. They have been using them about 1 year and have had no problems after running thousands of rounds through them. He was surprised that they were as expensive as they were here; he considered them "economy but high quality". Perhaps they are all imported and that's what influences the price.

Nonetheless, I like it. Have fun!

Michigander

imported post

I'm not to fond of the safety, but it looks like a nice gun. Please give us a detailed range report after you take it out to the Pit or wherever you go...

Michigander

imported post

Unless it's a grip safety, I don't believe a manual safety belongs on a defensive handgun. If someone wants one that's fine by me, millions of people like guns that have them, but they're definitely not needed if you have a good holster and a good gun.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Unless it's a grip safety, I don't believe a manual safety belongs on a defensive handgun. If someone wants one that's fine by me, millions of people like guns that have them, but they're definitely not needed if you have a good holster and a good gun.

"Millions" have them....but...."they're definitely not needed?"

You're saying that "millions" of gun-owners are making a mistake?

Um, how do you know that to be true?
39.gif

And what happens if someone, out of the "millions" has a gun, with a manual safety but does not have a good holster? Is a manual safety OK with you then?
39.gif

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

HankT wrote:
Michigander wrote:

"Millions" have them....but...."they're definitely not needed?"

You're saying that "millions" of gun-owners are making a mistake?

Um, how do you know that to be true?
39.gif

And what happens if someone, out of the "millions" has a gun, with a manual safety but does not have a good holster? Is a manual safety OK with you then?
39.gif
I obviously can not speak for Michigander, but what I gathered from reading the post is that he was simply saying that when you are in a defensive situation, seconds count. I have even known LEO's who forgot to deactivate the safety in the heat of the moment and one who almost paid with his life. I know that responsible carriers practice this over and again, and will never forget, but it may cost you precious seconds when it matters most.

I did not gather that Michigander was saying anything negative about those who choose to carry weapons with a manual safety.

Edit to add: Looks like Michigander did not need me to chime in. The posts are 8 minutes apart, but his was not there when I posted mine. BTW, I second that Michigander - the chamber should not be hot without a good holster.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Without a good holster, I don't see a good reason to carry with the chamber hot.

Hmm, I thought we were talking about the manual safety being "definitely not needed if you have a good holster..."

Now, we're talking about carrying without one in the chamber.

OK. I can handle the switch.

So, if a person carries, say, a GLOCK 23, in a cheap, non-retention generic holster, then it's OK with you that he or she does so without one in the chamber?