• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moved to Arizona

Pace

imported post

Hi,

I've been active on this website and the movement out of Nevada -- I was evicted three weeks ago approximately from the place I was renting in Nevada, and decided not to fight it -- specifically for open carrying a weapon. I wont go into detail, but the owner was anti-gun and made it clear she was going to fight me in court. With a child on the way, this was not something I could afford and being there only a week I decided to move back to Phoenix where I grew up while in HighSchool.

I'd love to get involved, don't know where to start. Thoughs?

Pace

Statesman

imported post

Pace wrote:
Hi,

I've been active on this website and the movement out of Nevada -- I was evicted three weeks ago approximately from the place I was renting in Nevada, and decided not to fight it -- specifically for open carrying a weapon. I wont go into detail, but the owner was anti-gun and made it clear she was going to fight me in court. With a child on the way, this was not something I could afford and being there only a week I decided to move back to Phoenix where I grew up while in HighSchool.

I'd love to get involved, don't know where to start. Thoughs?

Pace
This is my opinion, not legal advice. I am not an attorney, etc.....

I would have at least called an attorney to find out if this was something worth pursuing. Although it's your property, as a renter and a gun owner, you may have specific rights. If it's a clear cut case, an attorney may take it on regardless of your ability to pay.

Depending on the state, you may be able to sue for damages after being evicted. People that have mortgages on rental properties typically operate on a thin margin, and do not want to be spending money on frivolous lawsuits.

I wonder what people think of this in the Nevada forums?

Pace

imported post

Already dealt with, most likely going to sue. Already spent $3,000 in legal fees.

Statesman

imported post

I would check with your lawyer before you speak about anything else regarding your case, especially on these forums.

With that said, you clearly indicated you decided not to fight it, and could not afford it. What changed your mind?

Pace

imported post

Our attorney met with their attorney, came to an agreement to return the first month rent + deposit back. This was supposed to be returned last Wed. NOthing was ever returned, so I have no solution except to sue.

I was accused of a variety of things related to my guns, from being in a cult, to pointing guns at people and so on by the owner of the property. She never met me, she never spoke to me, she decided after three days that I was a "cult leader with a stockpile of weapons."

DMGNUT

imported post

Just out of curiosity, what part of the state is this happening in?

I'm out in Pahrump pretty regular for classes at Front Sight.

I know you can not OC in North Las Vegas or Boulder City, but I thought the rest of the state was good-to-go.

wrightme

Pace

imported post

They law has nothing to do with it, in this case, but instead a crazy woman who evicted us because she wanted to. Nevada does not have strong Tenant Rights laws, and she was harassing us, refusing to fix the property, maintain the pool and other things. With a pregnant fiance, I figured it would be easier to take her offer of all ou deposit and rent back.

Of course, after we moved, she didn't do it.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pace wrote:
They law has nothing to do with it, in this case, but instead a crazy woman who evicted us because she wanted to. Nevada does not have strong Tenant Rights laws, and she was harassing us, refusing to fix the property, maintain the pool and other things. With a pregnant fiance, I figured it would be easier to take her offer of all ou deposit and rent back.

Of course, after we moved, she didn't do it.
It is typical of doing business with a gun-hater. Their lack of integrity is a common thread in all that they do and think.

Put the screws to them any way you can.