Thread: long gun open carry?

Post imported post

I can only find reference to laws that cover long guns in vehicles. Does anyone know if there are laws restricting long gun carry on foot?

Also this one has got as many answers as times I have asked it, including police.

an MP5 (legally owned) full auto. is it a long gun? hand gun? what laws restrict the carrying of any full auto firearm? long or short. ?

I have triedevery federal and state website but can't find out what I am looking for.

Post imported post

If you are talking about restrictions on long guns IN INDIANA, please post a link to the ones you have read. As far as I know there are no restrictions for long guns in vehicles in Indiana unless possibly hunting regulations.

There are plans in the works for a OC event in Indy including LONG GUNS.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/politi...ur_rights.html

Don't know anything about Full Auto regs, plenty of places to find it, hope you find your answers.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Post imported post

ralphb72 wrote:
    If you are talking about restrictions on long guns IN INDIANA, please post a link to the ones you have read. As far as I know there are no restrictions for long guns in vehicles in Indiana unless possibly hunting regulations.

Don't know anything about Full Auto regs, plenty of places to find it, hope you find your answers.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
    Your not allowed to hunt from a motorized vehicle in IN, although there are exceptions for boats if it is not under power I believe, and I seem to remember an exception for the disabled, although I can't find the statute at the moment. And long guns must be unloaded and either securely encased or have a trigger lock while on a off road vehicle.
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/cod.../ar16/ch1.html

And you are not allowed to possess firearms or bows while jacklighting.
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/cod.../ar22/ch6.html

And a pistol grip shotgun/rifle is not considered a long gun, and you must have a ltch or comparable to transport/carry one, it has to have a shoulder stock to be considered one. I'll try to find the case law etc for that if you would like, but it is the law in IN.

Full auto does not matter, as long as it's legal. It just goes by the regulations for handguns/long guns. If it has a shoulder stock I believe it would be considered a long gun for purposes of the law. So no restrictions other than the ones mentioned. And the federal restrictions on possesing a firearm within 1000 ft of school property unless licensed by your state/live within 1000 ft of said property etc.

All of the above is not legal advice, your mileage may vary, I hold no responsibility for anything said etc.