• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

long gun open carry?

rqjsnyder

imported post

I can only find reference to laws that cover long guns in vehicles. Does anyone know if there are laws restricting long gun carry on foot?

Also this one has got as many answers as times I have asked it, including police.

an MP5 (legally owned) full auto. is it a long gun? hand gun? what laws restrict the carrying of any full auto firearm? long or short. ?

I have triedevery federal and state website but can't find out what I am looking for.

ralphb72

imported post

If you are talking about restrictions on long guns IN INDIANA, please post a link to the ones you have read. As far as I know there are no restrictions for long guns in vehicles in Indiana unless possibly hunting regulations.

There are plans in the works for a OC event in Indy including LONG GUNS.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/polit...c_event_in_indy_stand_up_for_your_rights.html

Don't know anything about Full Auto regs, plenty of places to find it, hope you find your answers.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Timjoebillybob

imported post

ralphb72 wrote:
If you are talking about restrictions on long guns IN INDIANA, please post a link to the ones you have read. As far as I know there are no restrictions for long guns in vehicles in Indiana unless possibly hunting regulations.

Don't know anything about Full Auto regs, plenty of places to find it, hope you find your answers.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
Your not allowed to hunt from a motorized vehicle in IN, although there are exceptions for boats if it is not under power I believe, and I seem to remember an exception for the disabled, although I can't find the statute at the moment. And long guns must be unloaded and either securely encased or have a trigger lock while on a off road vehicle.
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title14/ar16/ch1.html

And you are not allowed to possess firearms or bows while jacklighting.
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title14/ar22/ch6.html

And a pistol grip shotgun/rifle is not considered a long gun, and you must have a ltch or comparable to transport/carry one, it has to have a shoulder stock to be considered one. I'll try to find the case law etc for that if you would like, but it is the law in IN.

Full auto does not matter, as long as it's legal. It just goes by the regulations for handguns/long guns. If it has a shoulder stock I believe it would be considered a long gun for purposes of the law. So no restrictions other than the ones mentioned. And the federal restrictions on possesing a firearm within 1000 ft of school property unless licensed by your state/live within 1000 ft of said property etc.

All of the above is not legal advice, your mileage may vary, I hold no responsibility for anything said etc.