• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried riding my bicycle around Greenlake in Seattle.

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Monday nite, sunset, I bicycled all the way around Greenlake in Seattle, open carrying.Alot of people out.No problems. Didn't see any signs like the one's showing up at other Seattle parks quoting Seattle Municipal Code 18.12, which only bans airguns, bows and arrows. Some people had surprised looks on there faces, and a few double takes, but no problems.:)

hydrochloride

imported post

Good on you for getting out there and exposing people. I try to hand out as many brochures as possible. They are a bit expensive in color but, well worth it. I have started riding my motorcycle around OC. I am wondering if the bicycle is considered a vehicle. Does anyone have thought on that?

:cool:

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Dear gsx1138, When I read that I nearly fell off my chair laffing. But when I regained my composer I remembered the lesbian couple I met at the Seattle police range. They were teaching there children how to shoot an ak-47 and some other guns they owned. They lived in public housing here in Seattle, and they armed themselves because they were being harassed. So I've got to give the gay and lesbian community some big points for being pro gun. Have you ever heard of the Pink Pistols, its a gay pro gun group, pretty powerful people and I'm glad there on our side. But your remark was pretty funny.

gsx1138

imported post

I know I haven't been around in awhile so I'll just lay down my views right here with respect to those wacky gay folks.

I don't care. As far as I'm concerned if they are citizens of this country then they are entitled to the same rights as everyone else. I don't care if they get married, own guns, or whatever. What two consenting adults do is no ones business.

If I was in power I'd pass the, "mind your own damn business" law. Too many people are concerned about what others are doing when no one is getting hurt and it doesn't affect them in any way.

This is also where I get my ideas for gun rights. You don't have to like my gun, or own one yourself, but don't try to infringe on my rights because of your own personal views.

and yes, I know about Pink Pistols and fully support them. I just don't think anyone in this world is above a joke, including myself. :)

blight

imported post

be careful if you don't have a CPL (even though you are open carrying)- there is an RCW that states a bicycle is a vehicle. and, we know that it is illegal to have a loaded pistol in a vehicle w/o a CPL. It's hard to say what would happen in court - and, i'm not an attorney. i've always wondered about this.

there is also an "exceptions" RCW 9.41.060 that says you don't need a CPL if you are participating in a legal, outdoor activity. i'm pretty comfortable with this when i'm mountain biking (carying loaded and concealed w/o a CPL).

-blight

seattleric007

Banned
imported post

Thank for the tips. I called the north precint desk and told the officer on duty, that I saw a man on a bicycle last night riding around greenlake with a gun in a holster open on his hip. I asked if that was legal, and the officer said there is an open carry law and yes it was legal. Way cool!:celebrate

blight

imported post

nice - thx - now i know!

btw, that's my "hood" and i'm suprised someone didn't freak out based on the character of the area.

-b

j2l3

imported post

Just for clarification... there is no "Open Carry Law". There is no law making open carry illegal, that's why it IS legal.