Thread: New t-Shirt needed?

Post imported post

So in light of all the media attention that guns have been getting at the health care rallies. I'd hate to accused of jumping on a "new bandwagon" So what does everyone think of a t-shirt slogan of "Open carrying since before open carry was cool."

Post imported post

I appreciate the concerns, because this could put a new spin on things, but I can't really see a reason to do that. How long you've been doing it is irrelevant. There is no seniority structure among open carriers.

The only important thing is to always make sure that you represent gun owners well. At least that's my opinion.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I appreciate the concerns, because this could put a new spin on things, but I can't really see a reason to do that. How long you've been doing it is irrelevant. There is no seniority structure among open carriers.

The only important thing is to always make sure that you present gun owners well. At least that's my opinion.
    I didn't mean it as a seniority thing and as far as I'm concered somebody who stubles onto this site a year from now is more entitled to wear it. It more another statement to the media that there are people out there that have been doing this long before the current media attention and the "growing treand" they are so concered about.

Post imported post

How about a shirt that says:

"Dear Media,
    Stop freaking out, what I am doing is legal. Talking about me like I'm a criminal is not nice. So please just leave me alone, I'm not hurting anyone."

Post imported post

My thoughts for a new tee-shirt would be something along the lines of ...

" Open Carry of a Handgun

(MOC logo or handgun silhouette)

Been there, Done that

You are looking at the Tee-shirt "

But then I do have a dry sense of humor so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Radioman

Post imported post

I admit, the phrase is funny and inline with my type of humor. HOWEVER, I could see the media/anti's saying " SEE, THEY JUST DO IT BECAUSE IT'S COOL!! THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION!!! I think just OC'ing, going about your business and just plain being "normal" about it all is probly the best thing to do......still,....the shirt would be funny!

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

How about " My Other T-Shirt Is An Open Carry T-Shirt".springerdave.

eta "Size 45 Long...Colt that is"

Post imported post

I'd like one that just says real big on both sides "Yes, it is legal to carry a gun openly in Michigan". Maybe with a picture, maybe not. Just something simple to get the message across to those who might not know it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Considering some of the things that are printed on T-shirts that people wear..

"My gun is a lot less offensive than your t-shirt"

Post imported post

PilotPTK wrote:
    Considering some of the things that are printed on T-shirts that people wear..

"My gun is a lot less offensive than your t-shirt"
    Agreed.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    How about " My Other T-Shirt Is An Open Carry T-Shirt"
    That's funny!

Post imported post

I like "this is legal" with a big arrow pointing towards my holster..

Not funny or a zinger like some of the above ones.. but still.

Maybe thats too blunt...

Post imported post

I kinda like

"Michgan Open Carry ....nothing to hide"

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    I kinda like

Bronson
    And that's a fine shirt no one said it had to be replace but what about the other six days of the week. Or for some the one day of the month you wash that shrit.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

the500kid wrote:
    Bronson wrote:
    I kinda like

Bronson
    And that's a fine shirt no one said it had to be replace but what about the other six days of the week. Or for some the one day of the month you wash that shrit.
    Buy 7 shirts, problem solved.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

How about:

If more people did this
    maybe you wouldn't
    be so surprised.

or

Just think, a criminal
    won't openly carry theirs!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I have been getting some requests for the DID YOU KNOW shirts. I will be in contact with the supplier of this shirt and check on pricing. Would anyone be interested in buy this shirt?

Also you can buy shirts with the MOC logo on it at our website http://www.miopencarry.org. Go to the merchandise link and order through cafe press.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

YES!!! I am still looking to replace the one that was lost with my luggage last year.
    I'm in

Post imported post

Count me in for one.

Radioman