• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New t-Shirt needed?

the500kid

imported post

So in light of all the media attention that guns have been getting at the health care rallies. I'd hate to accused of jumping on a "new bandwagon" So what does everyone think of a t-shirt slogan of "Open carrying since before open carry was cool."

Michigander

imported post

I appreciate the concerns, because this could put a new spin on things, but I can't really see a reason to do that. How long you've been doing it is irrelevant. There is no seniority structure among open carriers.

The only important thing is to always make sure that you represent gun owners well. At least that's my opinion.

the500kid

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I appreciate the concerns, because this could put a new spin on things, but I can't really see a reason to do that. How long you've been doing it is irrelevant. There is no seniority structure among open carriers.

The only important thing is to always make sure that you present gun owners well. At least that's my opinion.
I didn't mean it as a seniority thing and as far as I'm concered somebody who stubles onto this site a year from now is more entitled to wear it. It more another statement to the media that there are people out there that have been doing this long before the current media attention and the "growing treand" they are so concered about.

cvogtmann

imported post

How about a shirt that says:

"Dear Media,
Stop freaking out, what I am doing is legal. Talking about me like I'm a criminal is not nice. So please just leave me alone, I'm not hurting anyone."

Radioman

imported post

My thoughts for a new tee-shirt would be something along the lines of ...

" Open Carry of a Handgun

(MOC logo or handgun silhouette)

Been there, Done that

You are looking at the Tee-shirt "

But then I do have a dry sense of humor so maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Radioman

Scooter

imported post

I admit, the phrase is funny and inline with my type of humor. HOWEVER, I could see the media/anti's saying " SEE, THEY JUST DO IT BECAUSE IT'S COOL!! THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION!!!:cuss: I think just OC'ing, going about your business and just plain being "normal" about it all is probly the best thing to do......still,....the shirt would be funny!;)

Michigander

imported post

I'd like one that just says real big on both sides "Yes, it is legal to carry a gun openly in Michigan". Maybe with a picture, maybe not. Just something simple to get the message across to those who might not know it.

the500kid

imported post

Bronson wrote:
I kinda like

"Michgan Open Carry ....nothing to hide"

Bronson
And that's a fine shirt no one said it had to be replace but what about the other six days of the week. Or for some the one day of the month you wash that shrit.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

the500kid wrote:
Bronson wrote:
I kinda like

"Michgan Open Carry ....nothing to hide"

Bronson
And that's a fine shirt no one said it had to be replace but what about the other six days of the week. Or for some the one day of the month you wash that shrit.
Buy 7 shirts, problem solved.

Fishous

imported post

How about:

[align=center]If more people did this[/align][align=center]maybe you wouldn't
[/align][align=center]be so surprised.
[/align]
or

[align=center]Just think, a criminal
[/align][align=center]won't openly carry theirs!
[/align]

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I have been getting some requests for the DID YOU KNOW shirts. I will be in contact with the supplier of this shirt and check on pricing. Would anyone be interested in buy this shirt?

Also you can buy shirts with the MOC logo on it at our website http://www.miopencarry.org. Go to the merchandise link and order through cafe press.