• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thinking about making a YouTube channel about my open carry, thoughts?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

so, I've been open carrying all weekend, I've open carried at my favorite resturaunt twice, pet smart, and my barber.

I am also the owner of a new iPhone, and have been recording my experiences on my phone via camcorder, I am debating on deleting them, as I was recording them because I thought I would attract much more attention than I have been, so invade of harassment I had them on tape, however,

I was wondering if you guys think I should post the videos showing how actually mundane carrying a pistol in the open is. maybe it would relieve people who want to open carry (such as most of my friends who own pistols) but won't because they are worrying about a brandishing charge from a cop with a bad attitude.

if you guys think there might ne intrest in it, I'll upload them, however if it's beating a dead horse or what not, I'll delete them, let me know your thoughts!

malignity

imported post

I'm going to have to agree with autosurgeon on this unfortunately. The only thing I can compare it to is being a church go'er, but yet, rolling my eyes and flipping the channel whenever i pass the 'church' channel on the tube. I guess it just reminds me of overzealousness, but hey, that's just my opinion. :)

WARCHILD

imported post

All though I think I understand your way of thinking, i.e....
"This is what doesn't happen when I open carry"
The anti's and others, I believe would jump on the chance to say you are posting video of "Hey, look at what I can do".
Like some ideas, the intent is always turned away from the point being made.
I have to agree with the others, I don't think it's a good idea.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

good points, all taken, you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have, and I'd hate to ever do anything detrimental to the right to bare arms, videos deleted, no longer recording

autosurgeon

imported post

Using your videos for yourself for training would be ok though and a good use for video recording capability is when you are practicing your draw and target acquisition! You can watch for mistakes and such!

mikestilly

imported post

I was suprised to see such negative comments pertaining to video taping and posting it on Youtube. Folks there are people in other states that are already doing this and it's a great way to show people what open carrying is all about.

Pefect example http://www.youtube.com/user/OpenCarryNH

This is a NH open carry group that posted their litter pickups and I've seen some open carry meets posted as well. Posting your experiences brings in a larger population of visitors to your cause. I disagree with all of you whom posted negative reasons to starting a channel on youtube. The more info available the more videos available to people who search youtube for open carry the better. This is far from negative.

Mike

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Videos of a group is somewhat diff ... but I never said he shouldn't just that I wouldn't

If you look at the channel its his personal LEO encounters and meets with an OC group. He handled himself great and it's a model example. (my opinion of course)

WARCHILD

imported post

I agree with the option of the exposer. If the videos were to include picnics and other events as a whole, I would agree. I merely was making an opinion of posting just HIS oc experiences.
My .02....which in todays economy ain't much.:uhoh: