• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idea to educate the public about OC

Should we make a Pamphlet/Flyer

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

GunOwnerJoe

imported post

This idea came to me as I drove home after my first open carry experience which I wrote about here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/30057.html turned crappy.

I would like for all of us that are members of this forum and members of the CCDL to maybe make a flyer or even a little pamphlet with CT laws which talk about firearms as far as open carrying and such. Something to educate the public a little about our cause and who people are that open carry, show them that we aren't criminals or people out to hurt them or to cause trouble, basically that we are just normal every day people that work and pay taxes etc.

The flyer or pamphlet can include links to this site, and to other information that is relevant to OC. I've got a few ideas floating around my head but again this is just an idea like I said that popped in my head, I just hope we can figure something out if people would like to go forward with this idea.

I'll make a poll...

GunOwnerJoe

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Check out Washington's pamphlet at the top of the Washington section.
I'll go check it out, hopefully more members will like the idea, and we can get one set up..

So I went to the link provided in that thread and it's a dead link for some reason. I didn't dig through the 9 pages to double check but at least I am not the only one to think of this idea. :celebrate

Lank

imported post

There's a link to the pamphlet on the first post in that thread. Right after the word "Attachment".

I think a pamphlet/flyer is a really great idea.