• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shreveport Health Care town hall today

GPossenti

imported post

Obama's lackeys are coming by tour bus to County Market on 3709 Greenwood Rd from 330-530pm.

I'm planning on going, but not sure about open carrying. It's being held in the parking lot of a private business. I'd think it would be fine until asked to leave, right?

KBCraig

imported post

After the fact, but here's a local article.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/highway-to-health-care-rolls-into-shreveport/

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 3:59 PM
Updated: Aug 18, 2009 4:06 PM

The "Highway to Health Care" RV is currently parked in the Country Market parking lot in the 3000 block of Greenwood Road in Shreveport.

The rock-n-roll themed RV tour is trying to bolster efforts for health insurance reform by offering residents the chance to climb aboard and contact their members of Congress.

KTBS 3's Chrissi Coile is there and will have more on the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees-sponsored effort on tonight's news.

One man says he tried to speak out in opposition to health care reform and he was pulled away by police. You'll hear from him tonight, as well.