• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jackson County Board: Revising County Park Ordinance

maahes

imported post

I recieved an email from my district commissioner today:

Re: Jackson County Parks and Recreation Ordinance

Action on this matter:

County counsel has advised on the ordinance language, and has noted that legally carried arms cannot be prohibited. A public hearing will be held at tonight's meeting concerning updated language, which language will delete the prohibition on legally carried arms.

Your presence welcomed at the public hearing, and your comments welcomed.

Earl J Poleski

This is what is changing: (Bold is addition, red is removed)
Section 5: Weapons

No person shall, at any time, bring into or upon the property of the Commission, or have in his possession, whether concealed or otherwise, any weapon including, but not limited to, a firearm, revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, bow and arrow, slingshot, cross bow, spear or spear gun, switchblade, knife, dirk, dagger, stiletto, sword, blackjack, bully billy club, bludgeon, whip, ax, or any weapon capable of discharging a projectile, either by air, spirit, gas or explosive, any explosive substance of any other force, or any other dangerous weapon; provided that this Section shall not apply to any duly sworn peace officer while carrying out his duties, nor or to any person properly hunting or target practicing in areas designated by the Director for such activities. This Section does not prohibit the lawful possession and transportation of firearms as defined by State Law.

This is the meeting agenda: http://www.co.jackson.mi.us/agendas/BocAgenda/BOC8-18-09.pdf
Page 66 to 71 is the letter from the attorney they consulted
Page 6 is the draft for the ordinance.

Meeting Info:
County Commission Chambers
120 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201

August 18, 2009 7:00 p.m.

The public hearing part starts at 7:15pm

I will be trying to attend just need to clear some prior appointments.

:celebrate and another :celebrate for good measure :D

maahes

imported post

Its not the courthouse its the building on the north side of Michigan Ave downtown kinda across the street from bella Note and Daryls.
As far as I know you can OC in the building.

cabman1

imported post

I would love to make it but my son got hospitalized so im leaving long enough to pick up some moc stuff and come back.Ill be there in spirit.

T Vance

imported post

maahes wrote:
Its not the courthouse its the building on the north side of Michigan Ave downtown kinda across the street from bella Note and Daryls.
As far as I know you can OC in the building.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..................Daryl's!!!!