• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Town Hall mtg Aug 25-26 in Milwaukee. OC event/demo?

AaronS

imported post

smithman wrote:
semperfiws6 wrote:
So what about across the street or somethin?
Check schools around the neighborhood. School zones are killers. The school zone applies to the road and the sidewalk inside 1000'.
I do know that the Whitefish Bay public library is out of any school zones.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Library is public property, most likely County.

In typical Doug fashion he's giving you 100% correct information, but in such a limited and context-less dose that he's confusing you. (don't be offended, I think he enjoys it)

The library is public property. (though I doubt its county property)

You therefore cannot go in the building with your gun because it is a "government building" but the parking lot of the building would have no prohibition on open-carrying. The ban on firearms in a government buildings applies to the BUILDING.Its not private property, they can't post a sign and keep you off. And you aren't breaking any law (unless its within a school zone)

semperfiws6

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Library is public property, most likely County.

In typical Doug fashion he's giving you 100% correct information, but in such a limited and context-less dose that he's confusing you. (don't be offended, I think he enjoys it)

The library is public property. (though I doubt its county property)

You therefore cannot go in the building with your gun because it is a "government building" but the parking lot of the building would have no prohibition on open-carrying. The ban on firearms in a government buildings applies to the BUILDING.Its not private property, they can't post a sign and keep you off. And you aren't breaking any law (unless its within a school zone)
Thanks for clarifying.