• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Men Gather At Obama's Town Hall

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
HankT wrote:

Emphaticallly agree.

Of course, if some IWAG does do something inexcusable, we all get together and excuse him by, uhm, blaming it on the victim(s) or something.

Like with the PA health club shooting by George Sodini two weeks ago. Citizen,I think it was, suggested the strategy of blaming the victims for not defending themselves with guns. We always have that strategic arrow in our quiver...

I thought this was yet another victim disarmament zone massacre? Sodini and every mass murderer know exactly where to go...

I think Citizen did not care. He suggested that weshould noteven sympathize with the women who got shot up because they "refuse[d]" to use a gun or prepare for self-defense.

It was a very weird position to take. Embarassing, actually. To him and to the pro-gun movement.

I agree that Sodini picked a soft target. But that is our society. There are millions of such targets. I don't think we can blame dead victims forbeing easy targets in our very opensociety.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
HankT wrote:

Emphaticallly agree.

Of course, if some IWAG does do something inexcusable, we all get together and excuse him by, uhm, blaming it on the victim(s) or something. 

Like with the PA health club shooting by George Sodini two weeks ago.  Citizen, I think it was, suggested the strategy of blaming the victims for not defending themselves with guns. We always have that strategic arrow in our quiver...

I thought this was yet another victim disarmament zone massacre? Sodini and every mass murderer know exactly where to go...

I think Citizen did not care. He suggested that we should not even sympathize with the women who got shot up because they "refuse[d]" to use a gun or prepare for self-defense.

It was a very weird position to take. Embarassing, actually. To him and to the pro-gun movement. 

I agree that Sodini picked a soft target. But that is our society. There are millions of such targets. I don't think we can blame dead victims for being easy targets in our very open society.  

Yeah, if this really was a VD zone, I can't expect the victims to have been illegally concealing in their gym bags, that would be hypocritical.

I suppose I should put in my will that if I am murdered, my tombstone should read "Killed because the government only cares about criminal safety."

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

PT111 wrote:
The whole OC or CC at these town hall meeting is going great but I really, really hope some idiot does not try to do something that even closely resembles a threat. One idiot with a gun can destroy years of work in just a few seconds. If you don't believe it just consider the assination of JFK and the attempt on RR.

I recognize that the danger is there, but the danger is anywhere anytime a high-level, controversial figure is in town. The fact that some free men decided to open carry changes the danger level not one bit.

In your experience, have you ever met an open carrier who seemed to be dangerous?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SOneThreeCoupe wrote:

In your experience, have you ever met an open carrier who seemed to be dangerous?

Anty506 comes to mind. He killed a man.

PackininVB is one, too. He brandished a gun at a young woman he was arguing with.

A couple of others...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have a hard time sympathizing with people don't think. Regardless of the particular event, if you get killed because you are dumb, and putting a bogus political agenda above your own safety is definitely dumb, I have no pity for you. VDZ or not, who's fault is it for choosing to be helpless?

Or do you think it makes sense to sue McDonald's for spilling hot coffee on yourself?

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:
SOneThreeCoupe wrote:

Anty506 comes to mind. He killed a man.

PackininVB is one, too. He brandished a gun at a young woman he was arguing with.

A couple of others...
Has Anty been convicted Hank?

zack991

imported post

frommycolddeadhands wrote:
Wow, the White House actually stood up for gun rights? Did I read that correctly?
I would say they picked their words wisely. They have a brush fire over the health care mess as it is, they can barely deal that. They are trying to keep another HUGE controversy from dropping his approval rating, much less another media firestorm that will hurt them even more with the public. We are dealing with a two face administration here, one side they twist words enough to not give an answer but, enough to "deal" with any possible question. The other side is working on away to change it in their favor with the public's help or not.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

This kind'a puts the whole 'Tolerance& Diversty' mantra in the toilet doesn't it? The myopic media-tards in the 'gun-free zones'are gettin'a wake-up call to what's been a recognized right before they or their parentsor grandparents were born.

It's amusing to watch thesemilquetoast Beta male wimpson MSNBC 'n CNN get their collective panties inna wad... then attempt to hide the fact that the carrier was black 'cause it doesn't fit into their sterotypical agenda. What a bunch's hypocrites.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
This kind'a puts the whole 'Tolerance& Diversty' mantra in the toilet doesn't it? The myopic media-tards in the 'gun-free zones'are gettin'a wake-up call to what's been a recognized right before they or their parentsor grandparents were born.

It's amusing to watch thesemilquetoast Beta male wimpson MSNBC 'n CNN get their collective panties inna wad... then attempt to hide the fact that the carrier was black 'cause it doesn't fit into their sterotypical agenda. What a bunch's hypocrites.
But don't you know, Alpha Males are illegal. It is much easier to seek refuge in the herd and be a coward that throws rocks at the superior specimens... This is being civilized, don't you know?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ixtow wrote:
But don't you know, Alpha Males are illegal. It is much easier to seek refuge in the herd and be a coward that throws rocks at the superior specimens... This is being civilized, don't you know?
That seems to be the popular trend at the moment I've noticed.

KansasMustang

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
So people getting assaulted by union thugs doesn't create "a chilling effect" and inhibit "honest communication"?

As far as I'm concerned, we need a lot more guns, and a lot more people protesting. The left started the violence, now these bed wetters are upset that people aren't going to put up with it? SCREW THEM!!

Good point. I noticed the union thugs didn't beat the crap outta this Brutha. He also had on a sidearm on the left side but I couldn't make out what it was. The media punks were so busy wetting their pants over his rifle that they didn't seem to notice the handgun.

It's clear that they didn't know how to handle the situation with the man being black. They wanted desperately to talk trash about him but didn't dare fearing being called racists. I had to laugh at those neutered fools.
The point is at least on one of the broadcasts that I saw, (on the Glenn Beck program) the empty dress gal said it was right wing "White Supremacists" and they panned only on the rifle. Never showed his face.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'White supremacist, Right wing extremist, Right wing militant... assault rifle, automatic weapon, machinegun, shocking, horrifying, intimidating. Emergency court injunction, the children, near the President... OH MY GOD HE"S GOT A GUN!'

AZC Art 2. Section 26. "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain, or employ an armed body of men."

Welcome to Arizona ya myopic nanny state ninnies. 'Beena recognized Right for97 years intostatehood 'n two centuries prior. 'Sorry y'all didn't get the memo. 'Guess they skipped that part at C'lumbia and Haaahvaahd. Thank you for showing the world what a bunch'a candyassed Beta bozo's you media pukes really are. And... that the 2A is actuallypracticed in Arizona.

mvpel

imported post

Open carry creates a "chilling effect" on violent outbursts by Obama supporters. It inhibits the honest biting off of other people's fingers as a form of communication.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
mvpel wrote:
Open carry creates a "chilling effect" on violent outbursts by Obama supporters. It inhibits the honest biting off of other people's fingers as a form of communication.
LMFAO
It would be funnier if it weren't true.

clemintine

imported post

i was at that event in phoenix, and open carrying as per my usual. i find it interesting that for the most part the news stories only report that "men" were seen open carrying in the crowd......;)...i guess i should take it as a compliment that i am relaxed and not drawing attention to myself. :)
(i am fairly new to open carry; however, it has felt natural from day one!)

mvpel

imported post

Too bad they didn't notice you, that would have really popped their noggins right good. I reckon it would have been harder for them to hide the fact that you were a woman than it was for them to hide the fact that the AR-15 carrier was a Black Obama supporter.