• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westland City Ordinance

para45acp

imported post

Hey jblack44 anything new on the city of Westland yet if not pm or email me and thekunk44 or post it will be more then happy to be at city hall can also try to be at places not to far away during the week !

Jblack44

imported post

As of now, if you see my previous post I was contacted by the city council president and he informed me that the city attorney is looking into the matter and are in process of changing ordinances. I did ask to be kept up to date on this matter. So it looks like this will be ammended. If they don't take action in the next couple months then (we) should make sure it's addressed.

Jblack44

imported post

Update....At least the issue hasn't been swept under the rug! It still seems like it take a long time to update, barring an health issue or not. But I'm happy that it is at least moving forward. :celebrate

His reply is above my latest e-mail regarding an update.....

John,

I spoke with our City Attorney earlier this week who indicated that he has about completed the recommended changes to our ordinance that will address the parts of our ordinance that are unenforceable. He has had some significant health issues over the past few months that have impacted his ability to complete this any sooner. I anticipate that we will have the changes in the next week or two and should have it on the Council agenda before the end of the year. I will keep you advised as we proceed through the process.

Best regards,

Jim Godbout

Sent: Wed 10/28/2009 7:09 AM
To: James Godbout
Subject: RE: City of Westland, Michigan: unenforcable City Ordinance

Mr. Gobout,

I wanted to contact you to see if there has been any updates regarding the situation with this Westland city ordinance. I realize that this things do take some time, but I wanted to make sure it hasn't been dropped. The rights of the citizens of Westland and the state of Michigan need to be upheld.
I appreciate you looking into this situation and resolving the issue.

Regards,