• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New from the Brady Bunch

buster81

imported post

I just got this crap from the brady bunch.I signed up for their e-mail updates out of curiosity. Typically they are the same drivel as usual, but at least now theymade me laugh.

[align=center] [/align]
Dear sucker,

Over the years you've supported the Brady Center with your voice, your time and your dollars. Now, we'd like to give you something back.

The Brady Center has its own travel website at http://www.BradyWorldTravel.com — just for Brady Center supporters and friends. You get access to the same airlines, hotels and rental car companies, cruises and vacation packages you find on all the other major travel websites, and, best of all ...

... you get some of the lowest travel prices on the internet. Everything you need is there.

But how is this going to help the Brady Center?

Now when you book travel on http://www.BradyWorldTravel.com, the Brady Center receives a whopping 60% of the commissions!

Any way you look at it, this is a win-win situation. You get great travel rates and you help support the Brady Center.

Check it out right now: http://www.BradyWorldTravel.com

Bookmark our new site so that you'll be able to use it anytime you need travel.

Thanks for your commitment to the Brady Center and for trying out our travel service at http://www.BradyWorldTravel.com.

Sincerely,
12908.gif

Sarah Brady, Chair

23018.jpg

[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left]FLA. Seller of Travel-Reg. No. St-33570 OHIO St. ID# - 8889162 IOWA TA# - 666 WA-UBI# - 602 141 482 HI-TAR# - 5851 NV#2006-0212 CA-CST # 2057620-40 (not a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund) YTB Travel Network: 618-655-9477: 1901 East Edwardsville Road, Wood River, IL 62095[/align]

[align=center]You can also mail a check to:
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
1225 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
[/align]

Superlite27

imported post

I also receive the Brady newsletter. (Keep your friends close, your enemies closer)

How better to keep a close eye on the &$%#&ers than to have them tell you what they're up to?

I have noticed quite a surge in donation requests. Some are strange.

Could it be? Dwindling support is requiring them to seek alternative means of financing?

Say it isn't so!

I wonder: Wouldn't it be fun to query this "travel agency" about a trip to gunsite?

Someone needs to call and ask if members of Blackwater get a discount!

Anyone feel like asking if they require firearms to be checked on their tours?

Any tours of NRA headquarters in Washington D.C.?

I wonder what their CCW policy is on their stateside vacations?

TFred

imported post

The link provided in the story resolves to http://www.ytbtravel.com/bradyworldtravel.

YTB Travel is a well known travel pyramid scheme. Don't worry, this endeavor will not make them any significant income, and very well may cost them money in the long run.

In 2007, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, and in 2009, Norwegian Cruise Lines stopped doing business with the entire YTB network for deceptive practices, a sign of bad business which continues to haunt them even today.

YTB makes most of its money on Internet travel center sales and monthly fees -- $18.6 million, versus just $2.5 million in commissions -- out of total revenues of $21.8 million for the first quarter of 2009. Those revenues were half that of a year ago.
Typical ratios for a pyramid scheme.

It is no surprise to me that the Bradys would get involved in such an organization. The move exposes the fact that their flawed thinking extends to business decisions as well. I can only imagine what might be next.

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I also receive the Brady newsletter. (Keep your friends close, your enemies closer)

How better to keep a close eye on the &$%#&ers than to have them tell you what they're up to?

I have noticed quite a surge in donation requests. Some are strange.

Could it be? Dwindling support is requiring them to seek alternative means of financing?

Say it isn't so!

I wonder: Wouldn't it be fun to query this "travel agency" about a trip to gunsite?

Someone needs to call and ask if members of Blackwater get a discount!

Anyone feel like asking if they require firearms to be checked on their tours?

Any tours of NRA headquarters in Washington D.C.?

I wonder what their CCW policy is on their stateside vacations?

If you find yourself in the DC area and want to see the NRA museum or NRA HQ, you need to travel about 15 miles west of the 14th St Bridge into DC to Fairfax, VA where you can happily OPEN CARRY at the museum.

My daughter and I were in NoVa visiting and went to the museum a cople months ago. I couldn't believe we got :shock:from some museum visitors. I guess they were from out of town and not familiar with the freedom we enjoy in VA.

KBCraig

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
isn't the brady campaign nonprofit?

Here's all it takes to be a nonprofit organization: have no money left at the end of the year, because you spent it all.

If you spend it on executive bonuses, they are making quite a profit, even if the organization doesn't.