• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooter stops would-be robbers

gollbladder13

imported post

A man was killed and another man was critically wounded Tuesday morning when they tried to rob a food store on Milwaukee's north side, police said. Police say they know the two men were trying to hold up people in the store in the 3000 block of N. 12th St., but they're still trying to sort out details and find the person or people who shot the would-be robbers. "We're still trying to figure out what exactly happened in there," Milwaukee Police Department spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said. The shooting occurred about 10:45 a.m., according to Milwaukee police. Two men entered a food store carrying guns and wearing masks and gloves and said they were robbing the place, Milwaukee Police Department Capt. Edith Hudson said. A customer or customers shot both men, Hudson said. One of the robbers died at the scene. The wounded man ran about half a block before collapsing near a house, the captain said. Police officers were saying over scanners Tuesday morning that they were trying to control a crowd that had gathered at the shooting scene.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/53574312.html

Pal

imported post

Thank you for whoever shot those two robbers. No one wants to kill anybody, but sometime you have no other options. Either you die or you live.

Thanks again.

Passive101

imported post

Do we know if he was open carrying or conceal carrying yet?

If I remember right wasn't there a WI pizza delivery guy who illegally CCW'd and shot his attackers and the charges were dropped against him?

Passive101

imported post

EXCELLENT NEWS!

Any word on if they confiscated his handgun or not? He may have to wait until after the trial in some circumstances.

I wonder how long it's going to be before WI gets CCW in order and is actually usable without the school zone, alcohol, restrictions etc.

I'd gladly give the government a little bit of money if that's my only option so I can protect myself in this state as well. :)

This is another case that will help the cause :celebrate

Pal

imported post

Passive101 wrote:
Do we know if he was open carrying or conceal carrying yet?

If I remember right wasn't there a WI pizza delivery guy who illegally CCW'd and shot his attackers and the charges were dropped against him?
Yes, there was a case of the pizza delivery man. He went to court and got his case overturned/dismissed.:cool:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

They do not even know who the law abiding citizen hero is yet. If he is smart he will keep it that way because I am sure they won't be selling T-Shirts in Milwaukee for him.

Flynn will hang him high and make an example of him because he made Flynn eat crow.