• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gresham

tofubento

imported post

I am back, if I remember right I tried to start a meet but that fell to the way side...

So is there anyone else in Gresham besides myself?

If so I would like to plan a meet and greet , while the weather still rocks, and have it be an open carry one.

Thoughts?

The latest vids of people open carrying at rallys kind of inspired me to start open carrying :D :celebrate

Ironbar

imported post

I atually wasn't able to attend the last meet & greet at the Bomber because it was on a Thursday after work, and I had to work late suddenly.

I would be open to a breakfast meet & greet on a weekend. I'm over here in Tigard, and it's a helluva lot easier for me to get places for this sort of thing on a weekend than during the week.

Autonym

imported post

Tofu: You're pretty close to Oxbow park, right?

We just might need to have a BBQ out there sometime soon. Check out the 'Metro' thread...

~Auto

tofubento

imported post

alright so we got a few people...maybe we should just plan for the other bbq that is in discussion?

By the way spoke with Gresham PD and the accompanying law office for the city...they have no clue about OC. I was told to call thier lawyers at city hall, did that and they didn't even know the laws on CC. Then I was told to call the Police back and speak with SGT about it, called left message and still have yet to get anything back from Police Department or the SGT.

Its really amazing how little civilians know about fire arm laws, and how little the government officials know. :what:

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Then this will be a great learning/discovery opportunity for them.

Maybe even press the issue and a training bulletin could be issued.

tofubento

imported post

Agreed.

The law office person I spoke to even told me with a chl I couldnt go to a school, or a park...I almost laughed.

We-the-People

imported post

tofubento wrote:
Agreed.

The law office person I spoke to even told me with a chl I couldnt go to a school, or a park...I almost laughed.

It's sad really. Our laws are fairly straight forward, it's just that so many with the "anti" mindset aren't willing to read them without a pair of glasses made from the mirrors in the "house of mirrors" at a carnival.

I'm looking to find an attorney versed and experienced in the firearms laws to talk with and either just have his number handy or actually have him on retainer. That way when I say "talk to my lawyer", I'll actually have one to send them to.

It matters not how much in the right and how legal you or I are. If we are arrested, even on "bad charges", it becomes a nightmare. Don't forget, they're going to use your tax dollars (and mine) while using a system that they are intimately familiar with while you or I are left to navigate the pitfalls, traps, and tricks on our own dime and with little knowledge of "the system". Best to have an attorney from the get go as after you're cufffed and hauled off illegally isn't the time to START looking for one.

tofubento

imported post

agreed. But currently finances are a bit tight, so I just try and not do anything stupid. :lol: