• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC MO PD

Darkwolfe

imported post

I carry in my car on a regular basis and recently had an encounter with a KC officer that was actually quite good.

I had a medical emergency on I-70 recently and had to stop and call 911. Not your best day no matter what you do. A KC PD officer who was not responding to my 911 call saw me pull over and stopped to see what was happening.

When he came up to the car, I filled him in on the situation and let him know that I carried in the car. I didn't want him or the EMTs being nervous.

He wasn't even remotely worried about it. He did ask to secure my sidearm in the trunk of my car so the EMTs wouldn't get nervous, which was fine by me at the time. He carefully cleared the chamber, dropped the clip and stashed the gun the trunk.

When I was able to get my car back the next day, I found that the officer had placed the gun in a corner of the trunk where it wouldn't slide around. The clip and the chamber round were right there with it. He had taken care to protect my firearm. There was no funny business from the KC PD at 27th and Van Brunt where they parked my car for the night. They were very respectful of my rights which I greatly appreciated.

thecolonel

imported post

Glad you are OK. Just a thought, you might write a note giving kudos to the officer. It is unusual that officers get a positive note from a citizen.

Dave