• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at work

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I got my field plowed and put up a new cable to keep Virginia Power Out (They take shortcuts to their easement) , then we decided to shoot.

It was an interesting day.

I started Jane at 15 yards and after going over the basics, moved her back to 20 yards.

She was on a Roll.

day1.jpg

This was her best 20 yard group of the day (Girlie Boolits):shock:

day2.jpg

I wan't gonna be outdone by my wife so I got rid of the city gun and switched to the BFR

day4.jpg

And my group was a little bigger:what:

day3.jpg

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Didn't get near the work done I had to, but a good day anyway. OC'ed at Amelia Lumber again...

buster81

imported post

When I first quickly read this, I thought you were shooting at Virginia Power.I took a deep breath and re-read.

Nice grouping for your better half by the way.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

buster81 wrote:
When I first quickly read this, I thought you were shooting at Virginia Power.I took a deep breath and re-read.

Nice grouping for your better half by the way.

:lol: No...Didn't even cross my mind

They can save a 2 mile drive to their equipment by crossing my land but they dig ruts in the roads so I just cable them out. This time the actually removed a gate and didn't put it back...so I locked it and put up a game camera. If they cut the lock, they will have to splain it to the Judge.

I don't have power with them BTW, I'm solar and wind powered...a little hydro to the outside lights.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

oh...I won't be getting any bear rugs this year....too small:lol:

baby-bears.jpg

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have only seen one bear on my property:(
I also have a better half that is far to accurate for me to step out of line!! I don't know what it is but it seems that most women are great shots.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Toad wrote:
I have only seen one bear on my property:(
I also have a better half that is far to accurate for me to step out of line!! I don't know what it is but it seems that most women are great shots.
I think it's the pink bullets.:cry:

Neplusultra

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I wan't gonna be outdone by my wife so I got rid of the city gun and switched to the BFR

day3.jpg
You idiot :^)! (little off center, eh? Or was he looking to his right?)

First out loud laugh of the day award and since it's only 12:30 am and I didn't have one yesterday I'll give you yesterday too :^).

eyesopened

imported post

Nice shooting guys. My only suggestion would be for Jane to lean a little more forward. This will probably help out on follow up shots versus leaning back like that. Or maybe it's how the pic was taken...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Nice shooting guys. My only suggestion would be for Jane to lean a little more forward. This will probably help out on follow up shots versus leaning back like that. Or maybe it's how the pic was taken...
She's been getting it from all sides about that. Proshooter mentioned it as well as her grip and I had too. That picture is the last of a series of high speed frames. She is in full recoil in it (The slide isn't fully closed) While she is leaning too much, it isn't as bad in the previous frames.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

peter nap wrote:
eyesopened wrote:
She's been getting it from all sides about that. Proshooter mentioned it as well as her grip and I had too. That picture is the last of a series of high speed frames. She is in full recoil in it (The slide isn't fully closed) While she is leaning too much, it isn't as bad in the previous frames.
As a marksmanship instructor for over 20 years, I have been telling women the same thing. One of them responded by grabbing her chest and said "YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMPENSATE FOR THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THESE, DO YOU???"

I still mention the need to put your weight near the front of their feet to all my shooters, but I don't stress it as much if a woman is well-endowed. I try not to aggravate anyone while they're holding a loaded weapon... If they're shooting as well as your wife does, I leave them alone. Period.

TexasNative

imported post

I was going to ask you about the men who are well-endowed, but I don't want to get Ed mad at me.

~ Boyd

MSC 45ACP

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
nice shooting Jane!

peter nap wrote:
so I locked it and put up a game camera. If they cut the lock, they will have to splain it to the Judge.
I would LOVE to see the game cam pic of them cutting the lock.
I wanna see the lock-cutting pic, too. THAT will be the pic worth a thousand words... or at least a few thousand $$$