• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at work

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
She's been getting it from all sides about that.

Looks like I started something! Sorry!
Never be sorry about helpful hints.
To be honest, it's hard to teach your wife anyway but all of my defensive and offensive training with a handgun, has been with revolvers.

Most of my handgun hunting is either with single shots or big revolvers.

The BFR is the most difficult gun I have to shoot. Slow lock time and muzzleheavy. It's more like shooting a bow as far as maintaining my stance.

Transiting into an auto has been an exercise in patience. While I know the talk, the walk takes concentration.

Trying to correct her techniques without passing on my bad habits is tough.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
She's been getting it from all sides about that.

Looks like I started something!  Sorry!
Never be sorry about helpful hints.
To be honest, it's hard to teach your wife anyway

I will testify *not from PeterNap's teaching* but from having a loved one trying to teach/enhance/correct my shooting, it's a LOT harder to take their suggestions sometimes. It was much easier for me to learn from someone who was a family friend but who I didn't have to go home with at the end of the day. Not that I don't appreciate my traveling companion's help but its very hard to take his advice sometimes. Maybe that's why I ran into a guardrail...

(if he ever reads that I'm in trouble :D)

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Candy, I'll help you with marksmanship any time you want... You don't know me, so you can bring your travelling companion too. I've met a few folks on here. They can attest that I don't bite (although they've seen my kids put away some serious groceries at a cople dinners and picnics).

For anyone here on OCDO, I won't even charge. Just bring your gun & bb's. I have the targets and the range.

My "creds": Military marksmanship instructor from 1985until retirement in 2005
Top 10% finish, National Pistol Trophy Match atCamp Perry1993
Distinguished Pistol Shot 1994

I teach part time now. I usually charge $20/hr, but for my friends here that have answered my silly questions, helped me when I was lost and given fellowship at dinners and picnics. My chance to "give back" to the OCDO community.

Semper Paratus