• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Encinitas Open Carry Event makes San Jose examiner.

Berzerker

imported post

Nopal wrote:
Well, I've been lurking around this site for a few months now, but I think this warrants a comment on my part.

First, I must say that I am ambivalent to the minutemen organization. I am all for some of the things that the minutemen are engaged in (open carry, border protection, etc.). I also disapprove of others (attempting to run Mexican consulates out of churches, schools,inflammatory rethoric, etc). However, pictures such as the one above that gather the kind of negative attention theOC movementcan do without. What's the implication, that illegal immigration should be stopped by the use of a gun?

OC is already fringe, it doesn't need any more help in being portrayed that way. Aren't our efforts supposed to be aimed at doing the opposite?

Ok point well taken... I respect your views and don't wish to offend anyone here

Nopal

imported post

Berzerker wrote:
Nopal wrote:
Well, I've been lurking around this site for a few months now, but I think this warrants a comment on my part.

First, I must say that I am ambivalent to the minutemen organization. I am all for some of the things that the minutemen are engaged in (open carry, border protection, etc.). I also disapprove of others (attempting to run Mexican consulates out of churches, schools,inflammatory rethoric, etc). However, pictures such as the one above that gather the kind of negative attention theOC movementcan do without. What's the implication, that illegal immigration should be stopped by the use of a gun?

OC is already fringe, it doesn't need any more help in being portrayed that way. Aren't our efforts supposed to be aimed at doing the opposite?

Ok point well taken... I respect your views and don't wish to offend anyone here

I wasn't offended, just a bit concerned.

Thank you, sir.

Berzerker

imported post

Ok now that I've taken down that picture let me point out something to you Nopal. here is part of your statement I take issue with and thenI will drop the subject and confine future postings to UOC topics.

"Others aren't dangerous per se (folks looking for work, etc),and I've read that the minutemen have done very decent things for some of them (provided water, food, etc, to illegals that may have otherwise gotten lost crossing the desert, etc.). However, lumping all of those people together into a three-word phrase, and implying that the solution is the use of deadly force doesn't help anybody, not the OC movement, and certainly no the minutemen's own cause."

This whole subject has always had that little apologetic phrase "they only come here for a better life". Well thecoyotes that collect between $2000-$5000 from those poor folks arethe same ones that run the drug shipments. One helps contribute to the other. Those same people are the ones that murdered Agent Robert Rosas. Where's his better life? When you pay your increased taxes here in California because of the extra burden money spent on people that cheated the system to come here illegally or mourn the loss of a teenage son like Jameil Shaw by a recently released illegal alien gang member who had been released by LAPD because of Special order 40, tell me again not to lump everyone in together.

Sorry to vent but I had contact numerous times with "Junior" Rosas down there and I'm still a little touchy about his murder by the cartel. Four rounds to the face and the rest to the chest is a bad thing to happen ,Verdad?

This will be my last posting about this subject. Nopal I respect your views and everyone else's opinion here.I don't wish to offend but there is still a little thing called the 1st Amendment that is every bit as important as the 2ndbut without the2nd we might notbe able to hold on to the rest.

Berzerker

imported post

Guys it's funny that when I posted that pic it was the only one I had of my XD with the light attached. I didn't even think about the sign underneath it!

I hope the picture of the cross placed there by the BP at the spot he was executed doesn't offend anyone either. I just wanted to share. Any other questions about this feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Back to guns !

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

What I find offensive is that traitors in our government, for decades, have refused to do anything more than pay lip service to lives lost due to the Mexican invasion of the U.S. (Mexican-government directed, via official publication).

They encourage it by giving government benefits to non-citizens, cyclical amnesty, practical immunity from prosecution, everything you can imagine... They appear to be agents of the Mexican government, above their oaths to "defend... against all enemies, foreign or domestic".

Nopal

imported post

Berzerker wrote:
Ok now that I've taken down that picture let me point out something to you Nopal. here is part of your statement I take issue with and thenI will drop the subject and confine future postings to UOC topics.

"Others aren't dangerous per se (folks looking for work, etc),and I've read that the minutemen have done very decent things for some of them (provided water, food, etc, to illegals that may have otherwise gotten lost crossing the desert, etc.). However, lumping all of those people together into a three-word phrase, and implying that the solution is the use of deadly force doesn't help anybody, not the OC movement, and certainly no the minutemen's own cause."

This whole subject has always had that little apologetic phrase "they only come here for a better life". Well thecoyotes that collect between $2000-$5000 from those poor folks arethe same ones that run the drug shipments. One helps contribute to the other. Those same people are the ones that murdered Agent Robert Rosas. Where's his better life? When you pay your increased taxes here in California because of the extra burden money spent on people that cheated the system to come here illegally or mourn the loss of a teenage son like Jameil Shaw by a recently released illegal alien gang member who had been released by LAPD because of Special order 40, tell me again not to lump everyone in together.

Sorry to vent but I had contact numerous times with "Junior" Rosas down there and I'm still a little touchy about his murder by the cartel. Four rounds to the face and the rest to the chest is a bad thing to happen ,Verdad?

This will be my last posting about this subject. Nopal I respect your views and everyone else's opinion here.I don't wish to offend but there is still a little thing called the 1st Amendment that is every bit as important as the 2ndbut without the2nd we might notbe able to hold on to the rest.

I don't disagree about the preventable tragediesin part attributable tothe lack of security at the border.I never did. I am sorry for your loss, truly. Though not quite so tragic, I've lost quite a bitbecause ofan illegal alien myself, but I won't go into details. Sufice it to say I agree with youin some areas, but disagree on others, likegentlemen often do.

The first ammendment is indeed as impotant as the second, which is whyI used it in this forum just as you did. However, just like with the second, the use of the first is not responsibility-free. From what I've seen, this forum is largely frequented by men and women who like you, understand that, and it is a pleasure to exchange ideas with people of such high caliber.

mpolo79

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
What I find offensive is that traitors in our government, for decades, have refused to do anything more than pay lip service to lives lost due to the Mexican invasion of the U.S. (Mexican-government directed, via official publication).

They encourage it by giving government benefits to non-citizens, cyclical amnesty, practical immunity from prosecution, everything you can imagine... They appear to be agents of the Mexican government, above their oaths to "defend... against all enemies, foreign or domestic".
What a colossal bigot you are. Your life must be some kind of empty.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

Your absolutely brilliant argument has convinced me that my life is no longer worth living.

:quirky

mjones

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

There isn't a single word in N6ATFs statement above that comes even remotely close to bigotry. He's talking about sovereignity not hate or fear of another race or culture.

Please don't look for persecution where it doesn't exist...

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Must... resist... desire... to rant... :cuss:

Let's please get back on topic here. This is an OC forum, not an immigration forum.

If you must continue the debate, please take it to PMs, or get together and debate it over a cup of coffee or a beer.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Must... resist... desire... to rant... :cuss:

Let's please get back on topic here. This is an OC forum, not an immigration forum.

If you must continue the debate, please take it to PMs, or get together and debate it over a cup of coffee or a beer.
As long as immigration activism is mixed with OC activism by people who aren't necessarily active OCDO members... the debate will rage on.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I'm not asking everybody to not debate it, I'm just asking that we all do so in the proper forum. The owners of this forum have demanded that we keep on the topic of open carry. I'm simply requesting that we make a greater effort to abide by their demands.

I'm very passionate about the immigration topic, among others, and I tend to rant off topic too. If I can resist the urge to go off on a tangent, then I feel I'm justified in asking everybody else to do the same.