• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downriver Picnic 9-20-09

LFB

imported post

Sunday September 20th 2009

Bishop Park (south end) Wyandotte, MI

Noon - 4pm

Map: pmcqueen37 +1
ISMOID
wardog6d
DanM
Billy the Kid
Deisel
Chuckwagon
D-Day
Crazy Eyes
Dougwg
LFB

Possible Attendee:
astrogiblet

pmcqueen37

imported post

Now you need to post this.
Picnic Downriver 9-20-09

Where To Meet:
Bishop Park (south end) Wyandotte, MI
Address:
When: Sunday September 20th 2009
Time: Noon - 4pm

Map:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/users/17212.html

ISMOID
wardog6d
DanM
Billy the Kid
Deisel
Chuckwagon
D-Day
Crazy Eyes
Dougwg
LFB

POSSIBLE ATTENDANCE

astrogiblet

CONTRIBUTED ITEMS

Gas Grill -
Charcoal Grill -
Hamburgers/Buns -
Brats/Buns-
Hotdogs/Buns -
Baked Beans -

Condiments -
Paper Plates -

Napkins/Towels -
Plastic Utensils -
Pop -
Water -

Snacks -
Coolers -

Ice -
Camera -
Video Recorder -
Tables-

UPDATES TO FOLLOW

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

SpringerXDacp updates the events thread, and does an amazing job at keeping on top of everything. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to update this thread with items and such. All of that will get posted on the events thread soon.

I will not be able to attend as my wife and I will be in Vegas for our 1st anniversary.
I'll be more than happy to assist in any way I can leading up to the event though.
Hope you have a great turnout!

Joeywhat

imported post

Yeah I'll probably make it out to this.

ETA - I can bring a desert or two...if there's room on the grill I'll do up some potatoes to throw on as well.

Declaration Day

imported post

Hello gentlemen, new member here. I am a friend of LFB and will definitely be there for the picnic. I have several tables and chairs if needed, a large propane grill, and I can chip in on food and drinks as well.

Veritas

imported post

I visit my family just about every Sunday and they're not far from there... so count me in. Can't promise I'll be there right at noon... but I don't anticipate any issue being able to make it there before 4.

I'm not real sure of Wyandotte's "stance" on firearms... but they sort of have a reputation in their area for not having a lot of patience in dealing with riff-raff... especially for "strangers" to the city who go there to cause trouble. While I perceive this to be a good thing, let's just hope they don't associate any of us "strangers" as riff-raff there to cause trouble.

I have OC'd in Wyandotte... but hadn't run across any officers. The closest I came was recently at the street fair/art festival a few months back. Although my pistol was largely concealed by the shirt I was wearing, it was still visible from certain angles (that whole hybrid-carry thing again). Had an officer ask me what city I was from... but nothing more beyond that.

LFB

imported post

While preparing to OC at my Dad's (gotta start somewhere) I was wearing my empty holster into Mac's Liquor in wyandotte. An LEO was standing at the counter talking to the owner/manager. When he noticed my holster I noticed his holster was unstrapped, hand on the grip of his weapon. When he saw it was empty, he kinda sighed and took off his hand. LOL like i'm goin try and rob the place with him standin there. No conversations though.

So my first empty holster carry went well.

jokerswild

imported post

Sounds like a good time, I saw this on the MGO site and now have signed up for this site as well!

I have some thing going on that day but I am going to try to stop by for a bit.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

jokerswild wrote:
Sounds like a good time, I saw this on the MGO site and now have signed up for this site as well!

I have some thing going on that day but I am going to try to stop by for a bit.
Welcome to OCDO Jokerswild. Please go to Profile and add your location.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Those of you who plan to attend may want to review the Events Thread to see if you can donate any of the several items that are still vacant.

bb

imported post

I should be able to make it

Any one plan on contacting media, It would be The News Herald which covers the entire downriver area