• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downriver Picnic 9-20-09

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

LFB wrote:
Does anyone here think I should mail a flier to Wyandotte PD. Or just let them panic when they start getting the calls. :D
I wouldn't. There really is no point, you don't need their permission and calling them will not accomplish anything. Don't worry about it, just have a great time at the picnic! I wish I could be there for you being that this is your first one at all, but Vegas is calling my name! lol :monkey

Veritas

imported post

I'm going to do my best to make this one, since I will be somewhat in the area that day anyway.

I know I said that about the Warren picnic, but I just got bogged down with a bunch of other stuff.

Word of advice: Someone should get there early or reserve a spot. Bishop Park can get somewhat crowded and I think without a reservation it's first come, first serve, on pavilion space.

pmcqueen37

imported post

Put down Xraygil1 for baked beans Hes My next door neighbor and says He makes a great batch of baked beans and will be there. Add him to the attendance list with a possible + 2

InspectorGadget

imported post

Walker Texas Ranger wrote:
I'll be there. There should be alot of people walking around at the park.
Does anyone have flyers to inform others of MOC. I'd be willing to print 200 or so for the picnic to pass out.
I'll bring 50 or so of the tri-folds with me...

Also, since it looks like this is going to be a big crowd, are we interested in any media attention?

DetroitBiker

imported post

Hello All,Im new to this site I am a Member of MGO also. I plan on comming out to wyandotte for this OC event. I will check back to see if there is anything I can bring to the picnic.

Veritas

imported post

I'm still planning on being there. Have a bachelor party the night before so I might be in pretty rough condition. Can't guarantee I'll be there at noon either... I'll probably be staying the night in the area and will have to get back up here to take care of the dogs before I come back down.